***OKIES in the BYC III ***

MJ, that's a good team, but often they don't do teamwork well--either both want the eggs or both want the chicks! When it works right, it is really sweet to watch!

Silkie Peeps....

0.jpg

You will really enjoy the cabinet incubator. Does your GQF have shelves that turn the eggs? Is it digital or wet/dry?

My incubator is a much older system. Each shelf holds up to 102 eggs and rotates the shelves twice in a 24 hour period. I really like that feature in mine. I have the wet/dry thermometer system. Some shelves rotate and others are stationary for hatching.
I use my Hovabators for small sets.

It is the 2016 model digital right now it is set to turn the eggs every hr

Three setting trays holding 109 eggs per tray and a hatcher on the bottom.

This is my third time buying a GQF and before the divorce I had 2 1502 and a hatcher I'm really excited about rebuilding my farm

MJ, that's a good team, but often they don't do teamwork well--either both want the eggs or both want the chicks! When it works right, it is really sweet to watch!

Yes, I'm lucky this time. I could watch them all day. The girls kept the babies warm overnight Friday when we had the freeze. The chicks were tucked way, way up under the "mama's" wings and she was tucked in the corned of the coop right next to the Broody girl. The NN chick hatched the next morning.

I'm having incubator issues. set my chicken eggs in my little giant , 9300 still air incubator, on the 3 of February and hatch day was supposed to be the 24st, i took automatic turner out 3 days b4 hatch day just like the directions said, my temp stayed at 98 an my humidity wouldn't stay past 60. I'm using a still air, and it has holes in the bottom but do i need to plug them up? all my water runs out when i add water, i left the eggs till today cause they were stinking. so i opened them an one was rotten, and the other two had chicks in them but I'm i think had died on the 18th day:(. should i plug the holes? should i place a hand held little fan inside? please some one help me:(

Back
Top Bottom