***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Cackle is in Lebanon Mo., about 2 hrs. from Joplin via I-44. I only know that because my mother in law goes to Lebanon frequently for Baptist music festivals.

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious if there was any because Atwood's doesn't tell me what breed their chicks are they just have some stickers that say the breeds but then you look in it's like a million breeds and I don't know which is which, many look similar. So I was wondering if I could go somewhere where i can clearly see what breed is which and get the correct kind.

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious if there was any because Atwood's doesn't tell me what breed their chicks are they just have some stickers that say the breeds but then you look in it's like a million breeds and I don't know which is which, many look similar. So I was wondering if I could go somewhere where i can clearly see what breed is which and get the correct kind.
I totally understand. Tractor Supply doesn't always label well or keep chick breeds separate. I also have trouble telling breeds of chicks apart, because I'm such a newb. Lol! I got my chicks from an independent feed store close to my home, who orders from Cackle. I was very pleased with what I got. They were, and continue to be very healthy and nice looking birds. There are a couple of insignificant defects, you can tell they aren't bred for show, but hatchery birds are like that from all I've heard.

I also like Ideal hatchery's variety. I still have some spangled Bantam from them and I've used Murray McMurray a lot with success but have heard others say they didn't like them.
Cackle and Country hatchery (in Wewoka that dunnmom mentioned) may ship less at a time because of distance.

The garden has been thriving with the rain....especially the peppers and okra. My birds are enjoying the cantaloupe scraps and big cucumbers. Been canning loads of tomatoes. The birds are getting the trimmings.

We ended up with an orphan calf from our neighbor. She has made the transition to a bottle and is growing nicely.

Well we lost a duck hen in the storm last night- we have a lonely boy- so either i need some duck hens or he needs a home with a duck flock, its been a heck of a weird summer

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom