***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hi everyone hope all is well. I’m a newbie to BYC. I live in southeast ok around Mcalester area. I’m looking for hens or pullets to buy. A neighbors dog got into my coop and killed almost all of my flock. Terrible thing

Anyone interested in 4 straight run Silver Laced Bantam Barnvelder chicks? I didn't want Bantams and just realized that's what I bought (mom brain is strong here) .They are a week old, had probiotic & have been fed organic feed .We are about 20 minutes south of Shawnee!

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new folks!!!

I have ducks and chicks ready to go into lockdown on April 13 with a hatch date beginning 4/16.

The cold crop garden is getting off to a good start....even with the snow. Have lettuce, spinach, radish and carrots planted just before the snow and freeze.
Tomato, peppers, squash and cucumbers are up in pots on the hot tub...a good heat source. Especially with south and west sun flooding in thru the windows.

Sister's surgery was postponed due to irregularities in her ekg. Waiting on a stress test this Wednesday to see if she will be cleared for surgery for her brain cyst. Please keep her in your prayers.
Hubby is doing great after surgery.

Keep us posted on the happenings around your places.

Welcome to all the new folks!!!

I have ducks and chicks ready to go into lockdown on April 13 with a hatch date beginning 4/16.

The cold crop garden is getting off to a good start....even with the snow. Have lettuce, spinach, radish and carrots planted just before the snow and freeze.
Tomato, peppers, squash and cucumbers are up in pots on the hot tub...a good heat source. Especially with south and west sun flooding in thru the windows.

Sister's surgery was postponed due to irregularities in her ekg. Waiting on a stress test this Wednesday to see if she will be cleared for surgery for her brain cyst. Please keep her in your prayers.
Hubby is doing great after surgery.

Keep us posted on the happenings around your places.

Will be praying!!

I've got tomatoes, peppers, and some herbs started indoors... Hubby's pap is tilling the garden again and then it'll be planting time

Lavender Ameracaunas and Silver Dorkings 7 days into incubation, Ameracaunas are looking GOOD... Dorkings not so much, but for shipped eggs, I can't complain! Still trying to sell the bantam Barnevelder we just hatched and hoping to get some standard eggs to hatch when this batch is done! The chicken math keeps getting me . Thankful that my hubby doesn't mind

I got chicks hatching from the bator today, so far 4 are out, really hoping a get a boy to replace the one I lost protecting his ladies. He was the darkest Fm male I ever hatched. So far 2 are really dark Fm, but it really is impossible to tell what their adult coloring will be from the hatch colors.

Sure hope you get that male!

I've moved chicken and duck eggs to their hatchers. Now the lockdown wait begins.

I think I'm going to have a bumper crop of tomatoes and cucumbers. The peppers and squash are just now popping out.
image.jpeg

The hatch is done, I will have pics tonight. I had 7 (of 24) zip and hatch on their own, a record for the hateful Brinsea. I used a syringe to pool water in a puddle on the plastic barrier between the heat coils/fan and the hatching area. I have 15 alive now, one is still in jeopardy. Of the ones I assisted one (maybe 2) didn't make it. All the rest were shrink wrapped and dead some had internally pipped most had not (of the dead ones). Looks like half are Fm to some degree or another, a couple look pretty dark now so we'll see if any are roos, and how dark they stay.

Looking good NanaK!

Back
Top Bottom