***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I don't think we will have any greens this year. A rabbit has helped himself to them and there isn't much left. Hopefully we will have pea pods that I can give to the chickens this year. I like the idea of freezing them with water for summer treats. We have given them watermelon rinds before but never thought about cantaloupe rinds.
Weeds and grass should be fine since we don't use any chemicals on the lawn or garden.
I also like to give them any wormy fruit from our fruit trees.
Thanks for the ideas!

I don't think we will have any greens this year. A rabbit has helped himself to them and there isn't much left. Hopefully we will have pea pods that I can give to the chickens this year. I like the idea of freezing them with water for summer treats. We have given them watermelon rinds before but never thought about cantaloupe rinds.
Weeds and grass should be fine since we don't use any chemicals on the lawn or garden.
I also like to give them any wormy fruit from our fruit trees.
Thanks for the ideas!
You can freeze many veggies run thru the food processor for the chickens to enjoy...cucumbers, squash, corn, green beans, etc.

Supposedly chickens can't pass gas.
Raw potatoes and onions are hard to break down without causing gaseous buildup.
Cooked potatoes and onions are okay.
Mine eat beans. :oops: If that doesn't give them gas, I don't know what will. :idunno And actually, onions and garlic are helpful in controlling worms in poultry. Soon, the wild garlic will be coming up. My guineas will be having a field day eating them down to the ground one leaf at a time. I've never had to worm my free range guineas. :celebrate

Got my hatchery shipment yesterday. This the first time I’ve had any real issues with shipped chicks. Two crushed in the box, one with a crooked leg I’m trying to fix, and about 10 that just weren’t very active when they arrived. I’ve lost 3 of those already and the rest are in a smaller brooder so the other chicks don’t pester them. It’s plenty warm in there for them but they’re still pretty lethargic. My guess is they got too cold somewhere in shipping and are just having a hard time bouncing back. I’ve still got over 50 that are healthy and came through just fine.

Back
Top Bottom