***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hope everyone had a great 4th! we have had showers almost every afternoon. big heavy ones. My young ducks finally figured out what the koi pond was good for today. They had a ball. Had three little seramas hatch out 26 chicks between them in one day. Just went to check them at bed time. One had 3 one had two the other had all the rest! so I had to divvy them up between them. Seramas are good setters and good mamas but they sure can t get along!

I would expect you are going to have problems with coons, if they are hanging around its a matter of time. Not sure of your laws in town but in your situation i would have hotwire, they will clear out a flock given the chance

Hey ya’ll! I am new here to BYC and am excited to begin my chicken journey. I live in central Oklahoma, and soon will be looking for bantam Cochins to start my flock. If anyone has an idea of where I can find them locally, let me know. :)

Hey ya’ll! I am new here to BYC and am excited to begin my chicken journey. I live in central Oklahoma, and soon will be looking for bantam Cochins to start my flock. If anyone has an idea of where I can find them locally, let me know. :)

Sorry I don't know of a local who has them. You may have to call a hatchery like Ideal or Murray McMurray

Hope everyone had a great 4th! we have had showers almost every afternoon. big heavy ones. My young ducks finally figured out what the koi pond was good for today. They had a ball. Had three little seramas hatch out 26 chicks between them in one day. Just went to check them at bed time. One had 3 one had two the other had all the rest! so I had to divvy them up between them. Seramas are good setters and good mamas but they sure can t get along!
Hello @Okla-doodle-doo. Our 4th seems to be continuing each evening....lots of country neighbors are shooting off fireworks purchased after the 4th. Dogs are terrified.
Congrats on the Serama chicks!

:welcome.

Back
Top Bottom