***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm wondering if anyone has a good solution to cutting down on extra unwanted chicks or young stock? I'm raising Frizzles and of course some that hatch are not Frizzles.
I am using a Silkie rooster so all the chicks are 1/2 Silkie and 1/2 Frizzle.
I can only keep a small number and would like to re-home the extras.
They are cute, 5 toes, feathered legs, but smooth feathers, any ideas?

Take them to some of the local swaps and either sell or give them away. Where are you located?
I'm wondering if anyone has a good solution to cutting down on extra unwanted chicks or young stock? I'm raising Frizzles and of course some that hatch are not Frizzles.

Hi, I'm in Elmore City. I'd be glad to give them away. I hardly ever get out and going to sales or swaps is pretty hard. Thanks for the link I will check it out. These are very pretty chicks/chickens, mostly Blue and shades of Blue/Lavender looking. There are some Black and also White. Sweet small bantam type, it seems a shame to be hunting homes when I know there are folks who would love to have them. i just sure don't have the room.
Thanks for the help.

Wow I see some of the old members!! Hi Guys!! I am usually on FB now days, i am not over here that often, I still have chickens, alot of variety, faverolles, orloff and some smaller breeds lol About half are elders now, silkies are still a big favorite of mine, I am needing a few silky hens or pullets.

I haven't seen any interest in a poops gathering in a few years, they were alot of fun.

Fun pic, one of my ancient silkies - she is now 12 - yep i said ancient lol

eloise.jpg

Well. I’m “introducing myself” again. I tried to login with my old info but was unable to do so.

Anywho. I was wondering if anyone in Oklahoma close to Tulsa had welsummers. I was gonna just order some from a hatchery but thought I’d check here. Anyone have some?
I don't have that breed. Beautiful bird though!
It's hard for people to get birds from an "unknown source" if using proper biosecurity etiquette. You could list them in the "Buy~Sell~Trade" forum.

Good morning from Oklahoma City! I haven't been to a poultry auction for many years and miss the fun of visiting with everyone from BYC. (I don't miss the time and expense of feeding all my new acquisitions that I bought because the "price was right " and I was enjoying the bidding) I still have chickens for eggs, but my runner ducks and free-ranging chickens recently became the victim of a fox.

Back
Top Bottom