***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Good morning from Oklahoma City! I haven't been to a poultry auction for many years and miss the fun of visiting with everyone from BYC. (I don't miss the time and expense of feeding all my new acquisitions that I bought because the "price was right " and I was enjoying the bidding) I still have chickens for eggs, but my runner ducks and free-ranging chickens recently became the victim of a fox.
I'm sorry, we finally started free ranging our dogs due to fox, years ago, that and no free ranging birds, its so frustrating, we lost most our ducks until we got the dogs trained. The foxes will be back :(

Hey! Check in OKIES. We have several new folks who have joined us. Let them know if you are close.
I'm in central Oklahoma in Lincoln County.
@Cedar Creek Farm Lady is in LeFlore County.
It'd be nice if meet ups or egg swaps could be arranged with fellow okies to get new bloodlines for the flock.

It'd be nice if meet ups or egg swaps could be arranged with fellow okies to get new bloodlines for the flock.
I know many of our folks have joined some Facebook poultry groups. There are several Oklahoma Poultry swap groups.

With the past two updates here several old timers haven't been on much. Some had some health issues in their families, others have job and time constraints.

Let's contact as many OKIE friends as we can to encourage them to check in.

I'm in search of guinea, turkey & duck hatching eggs. I'm in Eastern Oklahoma. I'd like to keep shipping time to a minimum if possible, easier on the eggs. Only wanting about a dozen each at the moment. Anybody?

Hey! Check in OKIES. We have several new folks who have joined us. Let them know if you are close.
I'm in central Oklahoma in Lincoln County.
@Cedar Creek Farm Lady is in LeFlore County.
good idea! We used to have get togethers, I am in Muskogee, I am not on herw alot, i am on facebook more. i have a mixed flock, one lonely duck drake that could use a few girls, but i don't want them hatching lol haha thats how i lose them. My favorites are still silkies, not sure if Betsy is still around, thats who i got my originals from. Maybe share what breeds you all have? I have alot of bantams, nankins, cochins, some aging seramas and some standard faverolle, EE's, Orps - a few of my originals I have still. For fun one of my oldest silkies will be 13 this year. They are the layingest birds too lol She has an old lady hair style lol gone bald twice

20200211_202023.jpg

good idea! We used to have get togethers, I am in Muskogee, I am not on herw alot, i am on facebook more. i have a mixed flock, one lonely duck drake that could use a few girls, but i don't want them hatching lol haha thats how i lose them. My favorites are still silkies, not sure if Betsy is still around, thats who i got my originals from. Maybe share what breeds you all have? I have alot of bantams, nankins, cochins, some aging seramas and some standard faverolle, EE's, Orps - a few of my originals I have still. For fun one of my oldest silkies will be 13 this year. They are the layingest birds too lol She has an old lady hair style lol gone bald twice

View attachment 2028950
What a wonderful Silkie you have @artsyrobin !
Good to hear from you.

Back
Top Bottom