***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well I got my NPIP certification the end of January.
Now I've jumped in the water...I have entered 9 of my Columbian Wyandotte in the OSPF Spring Extravaganza show March 21 at the Shawnee EXPO Center. I will show 5 cockerels and 4 pullets and hope to learn from the judge.
Sure hope to see some of you there.

Well I got my NPIP certification the end of January.
Now I've jumped in the water...I have entered 9 of my Columbian Wyandotte in the OSPF Spring Extravaganza show March 21 at the Shawnee EXPO Center. I will show 5 cockerels and 4 pullets and hope to learn from the judge.
Sure hope to see some of you there.
That's pretty cool! Congratulations on your npip!

How hard is it to get your npip? What sorts of things do you have to do? Is it worth it for someone with chicken just in the backyard?
You call the state and then a vet contacts you to set a date for blood testing your birds. Cost is now $25. This covers your entire flock. Testing is required every year to renew your certificate.
After testing, the state provides you with your certification certificate and access to forms for recording eggs and birds that are exported out of the state.
Certification allows you to enter your birds in shows.

Last edited:
How is everyone doing? Hope you are all safe and healthy. With schools out for both Spring Break and for the next several weeks due to Covid-19 what are you doing with your children to help them cope?

Hubby and I are in the over 65 group with other health concerns so we are hunkered down for the next several weeks while right in the middle of packing and moving into our rent house while our home is remodeled. We have moved everything we can without help but now have the big heavy furniture to move.
We have a mover coming tomorrow to give us an estimate cost for 15 pieces of furniture.
Fortunately he laughed when I gave him the third degree set of questions. He said he completely understood our concerns.
Okies are just great people.

Had chicks hatch last week and the incubator is in hatch tonight.
Here is last week's hatch...Columbian Wyandotte, a few mixed layers and some Delaware bantams.
image.jpeg

How is everyone doing? Hope you are all safe and healthy. With schools out for both Spring Break and for the next several weeks due to Covid-19 what are you doing with your children to help them cope?

Hubby and I are in the over 65 group with other health concerns so we are hunkered down for the next several weeks while right in the middle of packing and moving into our rent house while our home is remodeled. We have moved everything we can without help but now have the big heavy furniture to move.
We have a mover coming tomorrow to give us an estimate cost for 15 pieces of furniture.
Fortunately he laughed when I gave him the third degree set of questions. He said he completely understood our concerns.
Okies are just great people.

Had chicks hatch last week and the incubator is in hatch tonight.
Here is last week's hatch...Columbian Wyandotte, a few mixed layers and some Delaware bantams.
View attachment 2056503
I'm just hanging out at the house, no kids living at home anymore they're all scattered abroad. So I get to worry about them working, not working, etc.... I'm 50 now, no lung/heart/diabetes.... in decent health, I have other unrelated issues, lol. My M&D & M&FIL are another story though, they need to stay home.
My mom has a new B&N Nook eReader so she has over 3000 of my books downloaded to keep her mind occupied.

😍Cute chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom