***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Any luck? I was a very bad girl today. Got 2 polish chicks to skip under my co-broodies. Daughter loves the one we have. I can't figure out the color of one. Gold laced something maybe... So cute! I'm crossing my fingers that it works out.
20210722_155101.jpg
20210722_155037.jpg

Any luck? I was a very bad girl today. Got 2 polish chicks to skip under my co-broodies. Daughter loves the one we have. I can't figure out the color of one. Gold laced something maybe... So cute! I'm crossing my fingers that it works out.

Nah, no luck. Doesn't seem to be any interest, even as just sacraficial flock protectors. Thinking about trying a sale next week, just to see if anybody will take them. I've heard there's a decent sale in Maud and one in Jones.

Bud of mine had some Polish, they were fun to watch. A bit skiddish though. They didn't like the other chickens, hung out in the corner by themselves, always at the bottom of the order.

Nah, no luck. Doesn't seem to be any interest, even as just sacraficial flock protectors. Thinking about trying a sale next week, just to see if anybody will take them. I've heard there's a decent sale in Maud and one in Jones.

Bud of mine had some Polish, they were fun to watch. A bit skiddish though. They didn't like the other chickens, hung out in the corner by themselves, always at the bottom of the order.
My Tina Turner is pretty bold and funny. Probably lower middle of the pecking order. Easy to catch and play with. I think i have a Candy Corn Polish and a white crested black.

I have an Easter egger and an Andalusian who have been co-brooding. Babies are set to hatch Sunday or so. I keep going back and forth between separating the eggs into 2 clutches and moving one girl into another cage and letting them co-parent.
I hope the mamas are doing well, co parenting or not ☺️

do you plan to sell any of the chicks this fall? I am looking for two pullets to add to my group of 4. I’m in Norman OK.

Hi Okies,

I think I'm ready for this storm tonight if the wind doesn't tear up the garden too much. Most things are pretty happy, especially the squash bugs LOL. I sprayed with neem and insecticidal soap yesterday. I'm about to see how effective that was. Here's my garden haul from yesterday. Finally have some tomatoes turning red. Even the ones that were supposed to be YELLOW pear ones. View attachment 2754890
@NanaKat, you were right about the Wyandottes being good mothers. Both are doing well with their little broods.View attachment 2754892
@Al Capon, I'd love to hear what you think of the Newcastle auction if you go that route with your roosters. I should probably stay away though.....

Have a great day all!
You have cute babies!

Back
Top Bottom