***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
felt good when I was outside earlier...

Gotgame, have ever heard the expression "he would argue with a fencepost"?
gig.gif

Thats not nice.... Fence posts have feelings, and they argue quite well with me....LOL!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, that's the only bad part about that thing. It is so cool it makes you feel like you need one to process birds. I should have hand plucked at least one to show how easy it is.
smile.png

By the way, that was Pepper's plucker that he built himself.

Pepper has really built a good one. I know you don't have one to pluck & see that's our hook to make you come next year so you can hand pluck one!!

I think it would be fun.
smile.png

caf.gif
I had an absolute blast at POOPS
yippiechickie.gif
I would have to say thats the most fun
celebrate.gif
birthday
old.gif
I've had since I was a kid LOL It was a pleasure indeed to meet all of you that I hadn't met before nice to have faces to go with your names and was great to see those I have met before, so many friendly people in one place you just gotta love
love.gif
those poultry folks :)

I made it away 10 rabbits, 5 ducklings, 3 rats, and a busy month+ for my incubator
jumpy.gif
and left minus a whole bunch of scissors LOL

Since it wasn't a real BIG detour on my way home I swung by the Blanchard auction it was packed full of birds and people and I continued on my way home early at midnight with 8 more hens and a Roo
D.gif

I was glad to see I wasn't the only one that also went from POOPS to another auction I decided when I saw them that I either wasn't crazy or we just travel in packs
lau.gif

I made temp places for everyone when I got home and was so tired I thought I was gonna fall asleep in the shower
th.gif
I was in the middle of making a post afterwards and woke up an hour later I was complety wore out LOL,

A great big thanks to everyone that worked so hard to make POOPS the success it turned out to be
thumbsup.gif
You Guys and Gals ROCK!!

Last edited:
Morning guys! Thanks so much to all the organizers! We had a great time! Good to see what everyone is up to! Was so tired by the time we got home we brought the new gals in.... thanks to donnie for some awesome little pullets!! Matt for that very special little hen, MJ your chicks and my 2 weekers are best buddies all ready! And am reading that book you loaned me- loving it! Les, your info on the birds is invaluable!! Was so tired last nite, tried to post and fell asleep and the keyboard, so gave up! and this was my greeting this morning...
24037_100_5036.jpg

will be back on in a bit, time for breakfast and getting everybirdy settled..
smile.png

Morning Everyone,

I have a question. At least two of my hens have been making a coughing gurgling noise for several days. Now one of them has become lethargic. What have I got going on and how do I fix it? My egg production has dropped as well. Please help.

Steve

Quick question for the incubator gurus. I have a GQF 1266, older cabinet incubator. I have hatched quite a few chicks out of it. I am going to have a split hatch. And I would like to try and leave the eggs in the incubator at lockdown. Is there a way to disable the auto turner on the two trays that are going to hatch first and letting the other tray turn? They have springs on the front of them by the door. I have looked for more complete instructions and cannot find anything about it.

Last edited:
I had a VERY good time at POOPS yesterday. The star of the event was of course Mr. Al for all the work that he did to get the event to work so well. Many others went above and beyond to make POOPS wonderful, but Al devoted countless hours, days, and weeks to the mission. He deserves a gold medal! Thank you
thumbsup.gif

Once again, I was so busy selling birds & eggs I didn't get enough opportunities to go around visiting with others or even buy much of anything. Helping with the auction, I didn't even see most of the birds that were auctioned. I managed to snag a few though
smile.png

I didn't get to visit with enough Okies before the event was over
th.gif

To everyone that bought frizzle naked neck chicks yesterday ... it just dawned on me that those are highly likely to be my experiment birds, a cross between frizzle naked neck and blue copper olive egger, especially if they are blue, black or splash. That explains to me why some of the NN chicks had feathers on their legs (our blue copper marans have feather legs & our olive eggers are crosses between blue copper marans and blue & black ameraucana). The pullets may lay olive green eggs! If you don't like them, just let me know & I'll buy them back for more
wink.png
I'll just hatch some more now
tongue.png

Donnie, we stayed late. You could have bought those NNs from us, but now you have some of our project eggs. Surely there will be some frizzle NNs in the bunch
smile.png
Oh, and I was extremely happy and fortunate to win the raffle for your chicks. I wonder what kinds they are?
hu.gif
Beautiful chicks!

Les & Teva, I hope you like those eggs. Most came from our blue & black NN pen, which are decendents from Jimshappycowboy on BYC, and which NAVA in Florida now owns the original flock of. Really nice birds! I hope you get a good hatch.

Betsy, thanks for the great deal on your birds. I absolutely love them!

Wayne and Brenda, I never got a chance to visit with ya'll yesterday & now you're headed home to Tennessee.
hit.gif

Well, although I'm still exhausted from POOPS, I'd better get around to cleaning & feeding.

Oh, and Gerald's birthday is today!!! I guess I need to try & spoil him a little.

Quote:
Sjarvis, I want to tell you how impressed I was by your dog, in every way. What a beautifull well behaved animal.

thumbsup.gif

Thank you very much!.. I havent gotten to work with him as much as I would like so I still have alot I would like to do with him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom