***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
the cooler weather feels great, makes it a little tougher to get the birds washed and ready, guess they will just dry slower.

What's everyone elses plans for the day?

Why are you batheing the birds today...

getting them ready for the county fair for the kids, a friends two girls wanted to show the Big Cochins, a young man in Tecumseh wanted to show the Brassy Back OE, Brandon wanted to show the BB Red and Black OE, devon wants to how sebrights. We submit entries wednesday, and take birds up there thursday. So Need to wash them so can get thier shine back on before thursday. the real fun part is keeping them clean.

Quote:
OMG that's funny lol! Fat Louie?? Haha! And to add insult to injury he loses his woman lol
Quote:
My Cochin chicks are puffed up like they're expecting snow. Do some birds have problems with temp changes? One of my 2 month old Royal Palms sound almost hoarse today. I hope he's not getting sick.

Quote:
OMG that's funny lol! Fat Louie?? Haha! And to add insult to injury he loses his woman lol
Quote:
My Cochin chicks are puffed up like they're expecting snow. Do some birds have problems with temp changes? One of my 2 month old Royal Palms sound almost hoarse today. I hope he's not getting sick.

If the temperature changes to quick( like today) yes they can have a hard time adjusting. Most of the time they will do just fine it just shocks them like it does us.

Cleaned the duck pool and mixed up the bedding in the coop, then walked a mile. The hens and ducks are really enjoying this cool weather! Headed to Shepler's to get the boys new boots. There was a coupon in the Sunday paper.

Hi everyone,

we would like to hatch some wyandottes - coronation or any of the laced varieties. if you know of any, please let me know.

thanks!

Please pray for cory one of our aucrioneers his dads health isnt doing well at all and his family could really use them right now

Quote:
Why are you batheing the birds today...

getting them ready for the county fair for the kids, a friends two girls wanted to show the Big Cochins, a young man in Tecumseh wanted to show the Brassy Back OE, Brandon wanted to show the BB Red and Black OE, devon wants to how sebrights. We submit entries wednesday, and take birds up there thursday. So Need to wash them so can get thier shine back on before thursday. the real fun part is keeping them clean.

Well, it won't be raining any time soon.

I'm in and out of the house today, working on getting the last of the fall garden in, moving chickens, and freezing squash and cukes. I did squeeze in a little time to suprise Gary w/ a batch of no bakes (his favorite). Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather.

Kassandra no bakes our my favorites too! When I use to teach & my class had to bring cookies to sell I would tell them all to remember Mrs. Blum loves no bake cookies & brownies the most!

Been doing lots of little stuff outside today. Had the windows open & my guinea with the bad leg was sounding off all day, so she went out to the hospital coop.

Michael, of those peafowl eggs I have one that fully formed & it pipped today. Hope it hatches out soon. We also got a green eggs yesterday from those pullets we got from you last week. Of course DD was thrilled. She asked if we can put it in the incubator.

I know the market for chicks is very slim until spring. Question is how do I limit her hatching!!! If I don't watch it we will have 100's of chicks to keep warm over the winter! It is hard for me to think we will come ahead selling the birds if we are feeding them for 3-5 months first. And there is NO WAY she can keep everything she hatches! She is hatching this next batch in her classroom @ school for her science project. How mad do you think the parents would be if everyone brought a cute little chick home?

Doing those little projects too. Got the other permanent shade cloth up on the teen pen, cleaned out the dead plants in pots on the deck, watered the trees and shrubs. Now some of the grandkids have popped in and decided to go get pizza in Prague. Will have a nice visit this evening.

Back
Top Bottom