***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Can't wait to see pics!

They must be trying to get rid of their chicks. I have discovered that sometimes the clerks there don't always know much about the chicks so they may not have known a guinea baby from a chicken baby. Let's hope that they're all, or at least mostly female.

Do any of them have feathered feet? Or crests?

Last edited:
Quote:
Can't wait to see pics!

They must be trying to get rid of their chicks. I have discovered that sometimes the clerks there don't always know much about the chicks so they may not have known a guinea baby from a chicken baby. Let's hope that they're all, or at least mostly female.

Do any of them have feathered feet? Or crests?

Pullet babies should have a little metal tag in their wing if they were selling separately as pullets.

caf.gif

morning guys!

yahooo! today is payday- get to order a hot water tank- actually a tankless hot water heater- found a small one that will fit our budget

looks like cooler weather, so need to consider heated water containers- then saw a post pointing out they don't eat or drink at nite, soooo, maybe change the way i am feeding and watering- i feed with an old dog food feed bin, which works well, can close it at nite if i need to, water is another story- how do you all handle watering?

thanks for all the info on farm tax- mentioned it to hubby(coop101) and he said all you have to do is go to the assessor and fill out a form.... hmmmm

still needing transport for my seramas...

Last edited:
Robin, didn't you make the cookie tin heaters last year?

All of my smaller pens have those & the rest have either the black tubs that I knock out the frozen twice a day & add water.

I am looking to start buying the thermo cubes this year.

I'm making a slow start today. Conner decided he needed to go out at 3:00 and then again at 4:30, so maybe this will be a good day to take a nap after lunch.

I made arrangements to have our La Mancha does bred to a Nubian buck in November. That means we'll have kids (and milk!) in April. The does will stay with the buck at his place for a few weeks. I had nostalgic pains yesterday when discussing what I needed to bring with the does: hay, grain, medical records, collars, leads, toys, etc. It was like signing my kids up for summer camp. I'm going to be awfully lonely. I'm hoping the does like this buck. He's two years old, gentle with the ladies, and has established himself as a reliable breeder.

Quote:
The thermo cubes are like a plug in that will only kick on whatever is plugged into it when the temps get down to a certain degree & cut back off when the temp goes back up. Google it, may explain it better, I haven't had enough coffee.

What kind of waterers do you use?

I am moving slow this morning, seem to have some aches & pains. May be heading to T-town in a few to pick up DH's truck.

Morning all! Sore here this morning too...dampness always makes the knees hollar, but forgot how much cutting and bucking wood will make a person achey....heck I got parts that are sore that didn't even know I had!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom