***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
like soonerr said, me and hubby, coop101, Poco(coral, in Haskell) there a a couple tulsans, Betsy near tulsa.... there some east of here Tahlequah, Stillwell.....

jump right in! there is also some planning for a poultry swap next summer sometime

There are BYC'ers closer than you think I'm north of you between nowata and vinita on 60.

The soups might can ok-- but would need to be pressure canned. Water bath wouldn't work I don't believe. I usually at least double all soups I make & freeze enough for next time. Just put in a gal ziploc freezer bag & lay flat in the freezer. Takes no space @ all--- as long as you can lay it flat.

Yesterday I froze breakfast burritos & a little over 100 meatballs. Think I am going to freeze a few batches of cookies this afternoon.

Hiya Everyone, , wanted to welcome the new folk that have discovered the best thread on the BYC
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
That’s why don't think I would ever want to live in an urban area again I wouldn't want to have neighbors that could cause problems just cause they want to and be backed up by poorly written ordinance,

Quote:
It would hold 438 chicken eggs if I filled it all the way up, I probably won't ever have that many eggs to go in it at once though LOL I am going to start a rotating schedule with it where I just start a rack once a week and on day 18 move the eggs to a hatcher so I don't have to readjust the turner, the last time I stopped the turner I burned up the motor cause I forgot to kill power to the turner and it bound up, at least the rotisserie motors are easy to find I already had to first one the replacement cost $25 I think it was.

Quote:
That’s why don't think I would ever want to live in an urban area again I wouldn't want to have neighbors that could cause problems just cause they want to and be backed up by poorly written ordinance,

Well if you know anybody that wants to buy a house on the west side of Lawton that needs a new roof let me know.
smile.png
Seriously once we get this house fixed up we are outta here.
fl.gif

Quote:
It would hold 438 chicken eggs if I filled it all the way up, I probably won't ever have that many eggs to go in it at once though LOL I am going to start a rotating schedule with it where I just start a rack once a week and on day 18 move the eggs to a hatcher so I don't have to readjust the turner, the last time I stopped the turner I burned up the motor cause I forgot to kill power to the turner and it bound up, at least the rotisserie motors are easy to find I already had to first one the replacement cost $25 I think it was.

Today I noticed my bigger hens laying in holes they dug next to the coop. At least I hope they dug the holes.
hmm.png
Is this normal? Should I worry that a predator dug these holes? The holes went under the coop about a half inch. I moved the coop just in case.

Thank you for answering. I wasnt freaked out just mildly concerned. I do feel better now that someone with experience has seen this.
Quote:
Mine make holes all the time to take dust baths it's probably the same with yours

Quote:
Atwoods carries the stock tank heaters for metal tanks not for plastic for $36 bucks.. They do not carry the wire float holder. I ordered two Farm Inovator Ice chasers - stock tank floating heaters from Antonline.com thru Amazon.com. They are designed for plastic/rubber tanks and don't require the wire float cage. I think they were 29.95...cheaper than atwoods and there was free shipping. Farm Inovators also makes a water tight cord lock cord connector for $5.89.

Quote:
Atwoods carries the stock tank heaters for metal tanks not for plastic for $36 bucks.. They do not carry the wire float holder. I ordered two Farm Inovator Ice chasers - stock tank floating heaters from Antonline.com thru Amazon.com. They are designed for plastic/rubber tanks and don't require the wire float cage. I think they were 29.95...cheaper than atwoods and there was free shipping. Farm Inovators also makes a water tight cord lock cord connector for $5.89.

Interested to see how y'all are using those tanks, I will have to read up on it some more. I hate changing water when it is cold out!

DH fixed our water about 2 am so we didn't have to go without water for too long last night.

Let the goats out to play in the yard & took a few pics, I will have to load them later tonight. VERY hard to get pics, they were running & jumping everywhere! They really enjoyed being out in the pasture. Plus they seem to be very curious about the chickens. Thankfully the chickens didn't seem to mind the goats checking them out.

Back
Top Bottom