***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Mom gave me a set of ceramic mugs with roosters on them. I'm sure they will be the mugs most used in our house.

Victoria made me a gift in her art class. I was floored when I opened it. I cried, which upset her, but I think she gets it that I was just overwhelmed by how beautiful it is. I didn't know what she needed rooster photos for a few months ago, but now I'm sure they were for her to study as drawing models. Here's what she gave me today:

34274_vsa.jpg

just got whipped playing dominoes...

I didn't cheat hard enough or they cheat better...
wink.png

Fun playing games withthe family but the mom has to go to work tomorrow

Quote:
Those hens look good. Do they both have yellow legs? They should be laying soon, if they aren't already. Do they feel good in hand or are they thin through the breast and back?

Yea, they feel good as far as I can tell , their legs are nice and yellow-that means they'll start laying soon? Interesting. 1 of them has rattled breathing so I started her on Tylan 50 injections. I *really* like them a lot. I feel like I've gotten so lucky lately with birds I've gotten.

Good that they have nice yellow legs. Some hatchery Orloffs show up with white legs, which I suspect came from outcrosses to spangled sussex.

I have noticed the breed acquires respiratory issues pretty easily. We have such a limited genetic pool here in the US. It is something I will be working on over the next few years. I have some broodstock to work with, if they survive the winter.

Orloff are winter layers, which is why I said they should be laying soon.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom