***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
pop.gif

Can't wait! worse than waiting on Christmas when i was a kid.

Quote:
Nice to see a new avatar! Lurking is great, but I've got a feeling you'll have a lot of stories to share after your new babies arrive in the mail. What breeds did you order? My only hatchery purchase this spring will be for some buff Catalans, a popular breed in Spain, but rare here in the U.S. Make sure you post pictures when you get your new babies!

NorthEast Okies

I want your input!

I am looking into starting a poultry swap/bird breeders gathering. It will be in the Aurora, Monett, Mount Vernon areas. I have a good lead on a location in Monett. If I persue and get this going will there be anyone that would attend? I would love to have a good place close to home to sell my birds that I raise and to be able to talk with others in the area and of course buy more and more birds.

Let me know what you think about this, and also if you know of any good locations to hold such an event.

Thanks

Quote:
Yes the only okies in it were Okla, Nanakat, and me. It is pumkin, squash, and gourds. I can't wait to see what seeds I get back, there are 13 that signed up, so hoping that will take care of most of my squash seed needs for 2012.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am a "likes to look at nice gardens" kind of gardener - after the heat last summer I have decided it would likely be less expensive to buy my produce at a Farmer's Market when compared to what I spent on seeds, plants and diesel for the tractor to till the garden - several times.

A long time ago I registered on "The Easy Gardener" but have to have my password reset because I couldn't remember what it was, when I went over there to look for an Okie thread this morning
big_smile.png

DH tilled the weeds under in the garden this week and I am considering tossing out turnip, wild flower and hairy vetch seeds. If nothing else, perhaps I can grow something for the bees this year.

Quote:
I am always interested in seed swaps. I have not started cold frame gardening, but not that I'm not interested in it I do a lot of experimenting and just haven't got around to learning how to do it.

Quote:
I am a "likes to look at nice gardens" kind of gardener - after the heat last summer I have decided it would likely be less expensive to buy my produce at a Farmer's Market when compared to what I spent on seeds, plants and diesel for the tractor to till the garden - several times.

A long time ago I registered on "The Easy Gardener" but have to have my password reset because I couldn't remember what it was, when I went over there to look for an Okie thread this morning
big_smile.png

DH tilled the weeds under in the garden this week and I am considering tossing out turnip, wild flower and hairy vetch seeds. If nothing else, perhaps I can grow something for the bees this year.

There is one, but no one ever posts on it.

lol.png
im looking for someone in oklahoma that has sebastopol geese that can tell me when they start laying.
I live in Wellston / luther OK i got 18 sebastopol geese:D from an old gent that was getting out of the sebastopols.
any help would be great thanks.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
For Christmas I got Teva one of those Keurig one cup makers that take what is called a K-cup. The K-cup looks like a little creamer package that you just pop into the machine, one K-cup makes about 6 cups of coffee and will take less then a minute to do it too. The nice thing about it is that you can do Tea or Cocoa with no machine cleaning or anything. There is no mess when you change the cups either. It's way cool. There are over 200 different blends of coffee that you can get for it. The caffine helps her to have a little more control over her asthma.

Nana right now I am using a Little Giant table top that I took the electronic temp switch out and put a wafer switch back in it. They work better for me here in this drafty trailer. Plus I don't yet have permission from the boss to fire up the big incubators.

How do you get 6 cups out of a K-cup?

Back
Top Bottom