***OKIES in the BYC III ***

barnie.gif
The Huckabee Center is almost two hours away! Will there be a similar class closer to Tulsa?

Wonder if enough would be interested to carpool?

Yes, Don Gibson is in Shawnee, I've heard? I ordered mine from peace of thyme by the eggs and got a great hatch and the one roo we kept from the 9 hatched is superb...I also got eggs from Gabbard, can't say I was impressed by the hatch number or quality of the chicks..though the roo has turned out better than I expected after he took way too long to feather and also I thought he was a hen for a very long time?

Thanks for the post Don, I will be seeing it there is anyway I can make it but it might be too far for myself also......Just have to see.

POCO, there is another class but I'm not willing to pay $75 when I have a mentor & the internet. Did you see the post on the conference in Ponca city?

Well, you may have all figured out I'm back from the tournament, Brandon took 1st.
What a nice day, the windows and doors are open to get some fresh air in the house and enjoying getting even more done outside today which I assume many others are doing as well since the thread is dead.

Way to go Brandon!!!!
highfive.gif

Guy's tip of the Day

If you are lucky enough to be getting lots of eggs now (or anytime) and you do not have egg customers you can take the over abundance of eggs and use them in your feeding program. Boil the eggs, crumble them up and feed to your young chickens if you are raising some. Very good source of protein and my young birds go crazy over them when I carry some into their pen.

Thanks! I will do that, We don't have to peel them before crushing them right?

Last edited:
barnie.gif
The Huckabee Center is almost two hours away! Will there be a similar class closer to Tulsa?

Yes, the Northeast Oklahoma Beekeeper Association ("NEOBA") has a very active local club in Tulsa and they are starting beginning beekeeper classes next Saturday, 1/21. Here is a link to their classes.
http://www.neoba.org/jansatclass.html

Even if you are unable to attend their beginning beekeeper classes, you might enjoy attending their meetings. Local clubs are a great way to find a mentor and learn about beekeeping.

Well, you may have all figured out I'm back from the tournament, Brandon took 1st.
What a nice day, the windows and doors are open to get some fresh air in the house and enjoying getting even more done outside today which I assume many others are doing as well since the thread is dead.

Awesome Brandon!
We opened up the house too. Plus I cleaned out my garage. No chickens in there now. That will only last a couple of months.
We put up some boards at the tops of the fences between the breeding pens in the big pen. Cochins can fly up 6" and some were roosting there at night. I don't mind that but I don't want roosters getting over into the next pen during breeding time.

Thanks! I will do that, We don't have to peel them before crushing them right?

I just boil them, then run them through the food processor and feed one or two small feed cups to each pen. Its a great feed supplement, and high in protiens for them. Its a weekly treat when everything is going full on, right now it's bi-weekly, but they really enjoy it. And as we all know its all about feed and feed conversion wether into eggs, meat, or feathers.

Howdy...school started so i have been running crazy again. Did hunt the last two weekends of deer season...saw lots but none close enough. have been spending lots of time trying to figure out how to apply to other schools...anybody wanna hire me?

Back
Top Bottom