***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote: old ladies son in law brought in 5 pups the other day, all good clean walker dog pups. not a tick or flea on them. he let them run for a couple hours while he got the pen set up and didnt look at them when he put them in.

wife sat down an hour later and pulled probably 50 ticks off each one, then used my ivomec to dr. them up so they wouldnt get anymore. pitiful bad on ticks already, cost me 200 bucks to put granules out this time. only reason i wish i could have ginnies, but the neighbors wouldnt appreciate the poop on their cars!

old ladies son in law brought in 5 pups the other day, all good clean walker dog pups. not a tick or flea on them. he let them run for a couple hours while he got the pen set up and didnt look at them when he put them in.

wife sat down an hour later and pulled probably 50 ticks off each one, then used my ivomec to dr. them up so they wouldnt get anymore. pitiful bad on ticks already, cost me 200 bucks to put granules out this time. only reason i wish i could have ginnies, but the neighbors wouldnt appreciate the poop on their cars!
My guineas never poop on the car, they just go back and forth & watch their reflections where the car is actually clean. Its the goats that damage the car!

Ellwood are you going to check out the hens Mike has? if not I am tempted, but only if you are not interested. I need a couple of hens with a nice comb & nice color. I only want them for a few months. I want to work on a rhodebar project. Pretty pretty birds, but @ $100 a chick from greenfire I just can't bring myself to order a flock of them.

Peaches, do you have a DVD player in the car? If you want I can trade you a couple of teens. I prefer toddlers! Much less dramma & they don't roll their eyes.

My guineas never poop on the car, they just go back and forth & watch their reflections where the car is actually clean. Its the goats that damage the car!

Ellwood are you going to check out the hens Mike has? if not I am tempted, but only if you are not interested. I need a couple of hens with a nice comb & nice color. I only want them for a few months. I want to work on a rhodebar project. Pretty pretty birds, but @ $100 a chick from greenfire I just can't bring myself to order a flock of them.

Peaches, do you have a DVD player in the car? If you want I can trade you a couple of teens. I prefer toddlers! Much less dramma & they don't roll their eyes.
You havent really met my toddlers then... Sometimes I wish I had my teenage boys back that I had a year and half ago... Good kids..

Wow! I'm gone for a few days, then find too many posts to catch up on when I get back. A few pages is as far as I got. Looks like folks are gearing up for POOPS. Me too. I'm really looking forward to it.

Someone mentioned how bad ticks are. Agreed. They are really bad this year. Can't even sit on the porch to enjoy the mornings or evenings without picking several off. Looks like it's time to spray the trees and yard. I don't like doing that, but the ticks are worse this year than I've ever seen them and I don't think anything else will get rid of them - or at least minimize their numbers without some chemical treatment.

Wow! I'm gone for a few days, then find too many posts to catch up on when I get back. A few pages is as far as I got. Looks like folks are gearing up for POOPS. Me too. I'm really looking forward to it.

Someone mentioned how bad ticks are. Agreed. They are really bad this year. Can't even sit on the porch to enjoy the mornings or evenings without picking several off. Looks like it's time to spray the trees and yard. I don't like doing that, but the ticks are worse this year than I've ever seen them and I don't think anything else will get rid of them - or at least minimize their numbers without some chemical treatment.
Guineas! They worked for us a couple of years ago. Gonna try it again this spring.

Just a two days till the poultry swap. I can't wait.
celebrate.gif

Also, I finished my cool rabbit colony. Check it out>>>

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18288&p=1

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out on picking up the eggs? Either bringing them to poops from Matt Glass, who lives down by cement I believe, or if someone in my area is going to the Blanchard auction Saturday night, that wouldn't mind bringing them back with them for me? Anyone?

Can anyone help me out on picking up the eggs? Either bringing them to poops from Matt Glass, who lives down by cement I believe, or if someone in my area is going to the Blanchard auction Saturday night, that wouldn't mind bringing them back with them for me? Anyone?
I will be at Poops, we may or may not be going to Newcastle this weekend but we will be in Blanchard next weekend for the auction. I don't mind helping out we live south of Wellston.

Got game I am in Cement. I don't know any of the locals we bought our farm about 2 yrs ago. If he lives this way I can bring the eggs. No problem.

Back
Top Bottom