***OKIES in the BYC III ***

You're hatching keets? What colors? Do you want to sell any of them?
We have LOTS of colors, last hatch had 6 different colors. This hatch has some that are white & appear to have pale grey stripes. So far there are 2 of them. Think they may be light blue. Won't know until they fluff out & I get to take the out of the hatcher. So far 14 have hatched today & several more are almost out. They are pullet eggs that are 3 days early. DD is the one who sells the keets. She pays for the feed & gets the money. She loves birds & money so it works well. She will hatch every wk until about July. She might hatch past July but only by request. Most people are done buying fluffy babies when it is 100+. I begged for some Muscovies for a solid yr. dh kept saying no ducks. Finally was able to beg & plead my way to silver appleyards that I just ordered. Then what do you know he sees pretty mandrain ducks at the auction & they come home with us. I tried to go plant my last 4 flats of tomatoes & a few other varieties of squash & it started raining before I got everything out into the garden. Guess I will try again later or maybe tomorrow. Still not certain we will make the June swap, it will be DH last weekend before he picks up new trainees. It will depend on what he wants to do that weekend. But chicken people are growing on him slowly.

Cathie, ok so let me get this straight....if they say 'no chicks' it doesn't apply to ducks, or keets or adult chickens, right? Ok, I'll remember that.

I'm properly jealous, I love baby ducks. But you just wait 2 months when you can't keep a single container of water clean on your property because the ducks are pooping in it and we'll talk then.

oh no we wont! you didnt see my scovies at poops did ya!!!!!

i got a pen of blacks, and a pen of chocolates!

babies are choclates, and i can puit you smooth into the stinky duck buisness!

My English Shepherd herd chickens. Check out the " 4 corners herding association" , very nice people, all breeds of dogs. Google it, I don't have the correct web site.

okay no way can I catch up on 14 pages right now. Hope everyone is enjoying the cool day and getting stuff done!

My nine babies I got at poops are all doing great.

Poco Pollo, you still have those kittens? My 5 yo was so sad you didn't make it to poops!

for all the hard working, 8 hour a day working stiffs out there,, I'M HOME!!!!
celebrate.gif

and i have been out playing with chicks for about an hour now!!!
tongue.gif
This is my late night since the biggest kid has basketball practice all the way in Warr Acres tonight. Then tomorrow night he has a game in OKC, I may be dead on my feet come Thursday, lol.

Cathie, ok so let me get this straight....if they say 'no chicks' it doesn't apply to ducks, or keets or adult chickens, right? Ok, I'll remember that.

I'm properly jealous, I love baby ducks. But you just wait 2 months when you can't keep a single container of water clean on your property because the ducks are pooping in it and we'll talk then.
That is my "understanding" of the chicken math lesson I got. Now I could be wrong but until you hear differently then I would say yep ducks,keets, adult chickens and hey once they are old enough to be on the ground they aren't chicks in my mind but pullets and roos so those don't count either.
lau.gif

mitzi, you cant pass a bin of chicks with no problems, you cant pass a pic of chickens with no problem!!!!!!!
lau.gif

you are well and trully hung out to dry now, you are beyond hope!
barnie.gif

i hope you hatch every egg you can find and they are truly what you want! anyone as hooked as you are has got to have good luck hatching.
hugs.gif
lau.gif

mitzi, you cant pass a bin of chicks with no problems, you cant pass a pic of chickens with no problem!!!!!!!
lau.gif

i hope you hatch every egg you can find and they are truly what you want! anyone as hooked as you are has got to have good luck hatching.
hugs.gif
lau.gif
I agree, all of us can pass chicks, from one hand to the other... I prefer from my hand to someone elses, and let them do the left to right swaps..

I'm having way better luck with these Brinseas, Jim. Only 4 of the 12 Cochin eggs from the auction were fertile but 3 of the 4 fertiles hatched :)
Out of the 14 shipped Cochin eggs only 7 were fertile and 2 were early quitters, there's only 5 of those left that might hatch. I really like these Brinseas a lot though.
Still deciding if I'm going to try for some LF Faverolles from my group. I'd sure like to have some more girls.
I have 2 Modern eggs, would you take both if they hatch??

Back
Top Bottom