***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hi! This is my first post on BYC! I was wandering if anyone is looking for some RIR Roosters? If so, Ive got some! Just let me know!
wink.png
welcome to the BYC, there's lots of good and friendly people here. glad to have you.

Well it is a sad day for Okies in the BYC. Teach is officialy no longer an Okie. I went up yesterday and helped them load up. He enetered Texas about 8 today and probable wont look back. I stopped ove in Arapaho then picking up his son and my son and headed south to go help unload. Okies have lost a very good man.

This coming Wed. I go into VA hospital to have second tumor taken out of head. Told me it would be 3 to 4 hour surgery bar no problems. Then told me I would be going home same day. They sure dont hold a guy long after they cut on him any more.

This coming Wed. I go into VA hospital to have second tumor taken out of head. Told me it would be 3 to 4 hour surgery bar no problems. Then told me I would be going home same day. They sure dont hold a guy long after they cut on him any more.
Hope all goes well. Get the phone number for a staff nurse if you can. A lot of little things can alarm a person after outpatient surgery, and a nurse on the phone can usually put things in perspective. The last time I had outpatient surgery one of the nurses who watched over me in recovery volunteered to be my contact person for a few days. l got her name and the phone number of the desk where she checks in on her shifts. I called her twice, and each time she was able to resolve my problem without me needing to return to the hospital.

Everyone needs to get the facts straight before posting erroneous information.
According to Jerry the other auction owner, the Blanchard auction is still on for Saturday. Remember that there are other people at the Blanchard auction that are not involved in any alleged animal cruelty cases.
Please don't post something unless you have all of the facts.

Last edited:
Welcome to the new BYCers.

Cowboy I hope your surgery is successful and your recovery uneventful and speedy.

Pretty pics of birds and neat pics of building coop ideas.

Nice veggies.

2 hours in the garden w/o a weed!!!!! Is that from the magic of plastic mulch????

Cowboy keep us updated. Hoping all goes well.

Kass I have weeds but only between the plastic mulch. All veggies are in the mulch so they are not competing with the weeds. The down side is if the weeds get near the mulch & I try to pull them the dirt around the mulch lifts up -- only if holes get poked in the mulch or giant Pyrenees paws walk across it will you see any weeds. I am sold on the mulch as of right now. When my 3 yr grant exp I will by my own mulch layer or rent one. Think it will cost less than $600 a yr for plastic & irrigation for my garden to be weed free & have the water lines under the mulch. My money goes further than my muscles when it comes to weed control!
On gardenweb I know there are some that lay the mulch by hand- so it could be doable on a small garden-- but not on an acre. In hope houses the noble foundation lay there plastic by hand also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom