***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Carebear, welcome to the addiction! :)

Great pics Kass.....cute peeps, congrats!

Two 4 Tuesday!

A friend gave me this `2 X `3 X `2.5 pet cage but it did not have the drop pan, so this last weekend I grabbed up some scrap lumber and knocked one together, it was easier to build one for it to sit in rather than one that would fit inside.

My shop Monkey :) As you can see this cage will accommodate two OEGBs.

I hope y`all have a great day! :)

I took 8 boys into OSU vet college for caponizing this morning, One of my Silver Laced LF Cochins had been limping and then last week quit using his leg at all. They checked his leg before I left the clinic and they said it's luxated. They're going to splint it when they caponize him today. I'm just glad it can BE fixed. Hopefully the splint will work and little Josey Wales won't need surgery. I felt sick leaving them all there, they're all such a special group. But the vet has done it many times so at least she has experience behind her.
2 were my Silver Laced Cochin boys & 6 were Bantam Ameraucana boys.
The *girls* in the Ameraucana pen have been fighting and fussing with each other since I took the boys out-what's up with that?
gig.gif

Robin, I never did get a Gold Laced Cochin boy out of all the Gold & Silver Laced eggs I set. I got 2 Silver Laced boys though. The Gold Laced boys are beautiful when they mature.

CareBearSmiles, that duck is a hoot!!! What an adorable creature lol!

OMG Kass! Those babies! I love those babies!!! Isn't it a different sort of feeling when you've hatched them yourself? I love baby chicks, period, but when you've incubated them yourself and waited and watched and candled and they finally hatch? It's completely different that getting ready-made chicks in the mail from the hatchery.

Elbert, I've got several of those 4' long wire dog crates.....you're giving me ideas! Will yours stay in the crates full time? I wish I had a shop building like yours that I was in a lot where they'd get plenty of attention.

Last edited:
Carebear, welcome to the addiction! :)
No kidding!!!!

and thanks. : )

What a neat idea to add the tray under the cage. I need to be handier like this. I always end up giving away things and then I see what other people have CREATED with those things and I kick myself.
Of course that just might be the hoarder tendencies talking. lol

I took 8 boys into OSU vet college for caponizing this morning, One of my Silver Laced LF Cochins had been limping and then last week quit using his leg at all. They checked his leg before I left the clinic and they said it's luxated. They're going to splint it when they caponize him today. I'm just glad it can BE fixed. Hopefully the splint will work and little Josey Wales won't need surgery. I felt sick leaving them all there, they're all such a special group. But the vet has done it many times so at least she has experience behind her.
2 were my Silver Laced Cochin boys & 6 were Bantam Ameraucana boys.
The *girls* in the Ameraucana pen have been fighting and fussing with each other since I took the boys out-what's up with that?
gig.gif

Robin, I never did get a Gold Laced Cochin boy out of all the Gold & Silver Laced eggs I set. I got 2 Silver Laced boys though. The Gold Laced boys are beautiful when they mature.

CareBearSmiles, that duck is a hoot!!! What an adorable creature lol!

OMG Kass! Those babies! I love those babies!!! Isn't it a different sort of feeling when you've hatched them yourself? I love baby chicks, period, but when you've incubated them yourself and waited and watched and candled and they finally hatch? It's completely different that getting ready-made chicks in the mail from the hatchery.

Elbert, I've got several of those 4' long wire dog crates.....you're giving me ideas! Will yours stay in the crates full time? I wish I had a shop building like yours that I was in a lot where they'd get plenty of attention.
This day may go down in history as "The beginning of the end" lol lol You may see a mug shot of me in the Henryetta paper as the crazy chicken lady, lol

Sending good vibes for your boys!

Yes, they are so small that they have enough room to move around in and you can always take them out in the yard and put `em in a drop pen for some sunshine and fresh air.

This day may go down in history as "The beginning of the end" lol lol You may see a mug shot of me in the Henryetta paper as the crazy chicken lady, lol
Sending good vibes for your boys!

Yes, they are so small that they have enough room to move around in and you can always take them out in the yard and put `em in a drop pen for some sunshine and fresh air.
That little rooster is a lucky boy!

Hey folks, I heard a little while ago that one of our long time group members, Stimpy was taken to the hospital this morning.
Possibly a heart attack ! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks

Just witnessed a scene from a horror movie even w/ sound effects. It seems we have a new broody. When skyfire was broody she would puff up and give you the evil eye whenever you tried to mess w/ her, but this new one, one of the young black NN's w/ the rose comb, she attacks and makes a blood curdling scream, even when she sees a fellow chicken!!!!! Well that is the good news now for the bad news 2 of my new hatches are in ICU I have them back in the freshly cleaned bator. I don't think either one will make it the dark NN and the houdan. The NN has been weak ever since hatch and seems to be getting even weaker, I think it has some internal issue, it has a very large and very soft abdomen, fully formed and all fully intact skin. The houdan was strong and actually a bully, but last night while still in the bator started noticing some balance issues, they have got much worse today she can't seem to stand w/o falling over let alone walk. Looks like my fab 4 are going to become the dynamic duo.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom