Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Send the kids with caffine treats for the teachers...straight caffine...incased in chocolate...it will make things go better! I have a 2L bottle of dew sitting next to my desk!!!

Thanks Steph. Thanks everyone. I should be ok. It is not life threatening so I dont have to be at the hospital 24 7. I can get the chores done here and go visit him. Being in ICU they have strict hours. We will see what they do tomorrow and I will let ya'll know.

Hope he makes a full recovery. I believe the reason they are concerned about the finger more so than the arm is because the venom destroys tissue and there is not much tissue in the fingers, a little destruction and there is nothing to save. I would take the Dr.'s remarks to mean did he try to pick the snake up and get bit or did he just stumble across the snake while doing something else. The reason I say this is because I had a friend who was bitten by a copperhead while weeding his garden. He reached down to pull weeds and grabbed the snake without seeing it.
At any rate we will be praying that your husband makes a full recovery.
Keep us posted.

Evening all! Hope everyone is doing great

Hey Al;,nice looking family you all are!
thumbsup.gif
Now the hard part starts!Hihgh school!!!
ep.gif

Okcarla Those are goregous birds.
love.gif
Are they the ones your eggs came from? Hope you get lots like that blue and yellow/red one. He is nice. I thought the hens looked interesting to. Keep us posted on them.

Well everyone have a good night and listen for those pipping eggs!
frow.gif

Quote:
Send the kids with caffine treats for the teachers...straight caffine...incased in chocolate...it will make things go better! I have a 2L bottle of dew sitting next to my desk!!!

The teachers are about ready to kill my 13 yr old. Super smart and has made Fs all year. All they say is he is extremely capable. We are making up zeros tonight. If he manages to pass the 7th grade then he will have pull more than one rabbit out of the hat! And the funny thing is he probably will pull it off.

dachsunds - your babies I got are growing fast! They are about as cute as they come! Looking forward to the colored eggs!

pitchfork is right about hand damage being scary! Not enough tissue to loose any! They have him where they can monitor and get help though! Get ready though cuz it will look really ugly soon! But that just means it is healing!

sjarvis00 - I hear you! Nothing is as irritating as a kid not living up to the potential! We have a program we call ZAP...zeros aren't permitted. If a kid doesn't turn in their work...
1) We call the folks right then
2) They stay after school and make up the work (75 is the highest they can get)
3) If they play sports, the coach takes it out on the rest of the team! Gotta love peer presure used for the good side!

It really worked wonders with our high school kids. One they don't want to let down team mates and two...the don't like staying with me after school (I get mean and give snacks to good kids in front of them!!!) Parents still have the option to say the kid can't stay but it keeps parents informed of problems so they don't get blindsided by bad grades and it shows the kids that we care both about them passing and doing it in a timely fashion.

Might be worth mentioning to your school...just a thought. Hope things work out!

Quote:
Have you had him tested to see if he is "gifted" in some subjects? Sometimes kids get bored because the work is "too easy" for them and end up with bad grades instead of the good grades they are capable of achieving, because they already understand what is being taught and they either rush through their work and make silly mistakes or don't turn their work in because they don't feel like it. Once they are challenged by the school work, they start enjoying school and do well. You can request that the school test him in the subjects you think he can excel in.

Thanks everyone. BYC and the OKIES are great.

I am use to him being away at night(he has worked out of state) but its different tonight, I know he is less than 15 miles from me and hating every minute being there. I will be there 1st thing in the morning.

Guess what my 1st thought was when they said they were going to admit him...................gosh I hope he has on clean drawers.

Quote:
Have you had him tested to see if he is "gifted" in some subjects? Sometimes kids get bored because the work is "too easy" for them and end up with bad grades instead of the good grades they are capable of achieving, because they already understand what is being taught and they either rush through their work and make silly mistakes or don't turn their work in because they don't feel like it. Once they are challenged by the school work, they start enjoying school and do well. You can request that the school test him in the subjects you think he can excel in.

Oh yes he is gifted. I met him this past weekend and he is VERY intelligent. Mind of his own, yes, A very good kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom