Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having our own auction today at our house.. ha ha with a few fellow okies making a drive to our place.. I am just hoping their trip is worth it.. I would feel really bad if they got down here and looked at our birds and were like ... You call them Chickens? ha ha

I can smell Autumn.. anyone else? I think its because I was able to get up early this morning and go outside and it was NOT already 80... ha ha.. So looking forward to the cooling down of summer weather, will allow us the time to focus on the work needing to be done outside the house... I am really getting cabin fever

woot.gif
Only 67 degrees this morning. It is supposed to get to the low 90s this afternoon, but I am going to take advantage of this cooler weather to secure the perimeters of an area where I want to put some of the Musgovy ducks, since their pen is too small for the number and more and more are flying over the fence to wander the yard.

I also want to put in some turnips, beets and cucumbers for a fall garden. I am counting on not having the first hard frost until late in October. Dean has plowed my garden multiple times to keep the weeds down, but there are some that manage to reach 2 foot tall within a week of appearing, so I want to pull those and get some pretty rows of something edible coming out of the earth.

Morning all : got a full day planned so I had better get hoppin, taking a bunch of birds to Blanchard and will be meeting Lou Stimpy's wife there to pick up his Birds and care for them for a couple of months, she just has so much to do without having to worry about caring for chickens so I offered to Baby sit till he get's back on his feet. I still have to run into town in a bit to contract a customer and then back here to load up. Hope to see ya'll there, Rebecca is buying the NACHO's !!! LOL

AL

Any one call blanchard and verify the time birds start selling? Last sale they had on thier white board that the next 3 sales start earlier? Or was I just mistaken?

Artsy Robin,

I agree with Jeannie, That Goose Looks Female to me! Just saying....

Jeannie, send those Okies my way.... lol... I may be going to Blanchard today, possibly with my Special Friends.

Quote:
Oh yea good idea peaches............... I forgot that, I think Jerry said 4:00 pm for the next few sales due to the heat, I could be wrong but we need to know. Anybody ????

AL

Quote:

Are you sure that your poser is male? I have a Male Chinese Goose and his knob on the bill is much bigger than that... I am just inquiring...

no, only by his behavior with the female ducks, he is almost 6 months old, i would be thrilled if poser was a she!

So can I set a minimum bid on my birds of say like 3.00 or Am I not allowd I am bringing some DC and WJG a Female Chinese White goose. a Minoraca trio. and some RiR roo chicks and perhaps a few barred rock roo chicks as well.

Quote:
Betsy your a doll and she loved her visit with you. The show is so small it was almost cancelled. I wish you were closer this way...

Wen i testd bird's for the co.fair i put npip band's on thim some time's. Just to show they wer testd i have wing band's an leg band both for large fowl an bantum's ...
An even pigoun's.. You can get thim from the state .. An if you ship bird's out of state some people band with the NPIP band's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom