Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
WOW that is alot.. were they cast iron or something dang I am not sure I would pay that much for a toy even if it was John Deere collective item... I wonder if my elderly neighbor went he is a fan of the brand..

Must have been, 'cause there were lots of guys bidding on them.

Pretty funny, watching all these gruff old farmers getting excited about these little toys. But, everybody's gotta have a hobby. Me, if I see a bunch of puppets up for sale, ya better stand back.

Still, it seemed sort of out of character.

Quote:
My niece gave it to me months ago and I finally sat down and started reading it. A few false starts when I tried earlier (it's a little awkward read to start with), but now that I sat down determined to read, it has gotten pretty fun. Lots of stuff I can relate to, but also lots of interesting trivia and other info I didn't know.

Probably not for an old pro like you, but for a relative rookie like me...
big_smile.png

Anyway, I'll let you know when I finish it whether it's actually good, but so far I am really enjoying it.

Quote:
Finally taking a quick break from getting the new members of the family settled in Thanks so much Jeannie they are all perfect, Tinks has been yacking with the Roos in the other pen on the other side of the garden all evening and the geese have been a big hit Jiena is really liking them already so the first stage of addicition has begun LOL A big thanks to all you fellow enablers for the tips I'm going back out to bury an old oversized bathtub so the geese have some water to play and keep cool in, It was nice meeting you and your DH Jeannie and the kids as well and again Thank you,

Quote:
Jeannie,

The little ladies made the trip to Haskell without complaint. They are all snug as little bugs in one of my quarantine pens. The RIR rooster in a nearby pen keeps calling to them. He's already got 8 ladies of his own, so I'm not sure why he thinks he needs any more. They are all eating and drinking well. I'm sure they will become treasured members of our flock. Thanks so much for holding them for me.

Bill - Sorry I didn't introduce myself today. You guys seemed to be in some mighty deep conversation, so I didn't want to interrupt. I'll be more assertive at the next POOPS gathering. I'm enjoying reading your posts. I hope you're able to help your wife along with her growing love for feathered creatures. My husband is still a techno-geek. He's an amazing programmer, but things that poop and lay eggs remain a mystery to him.

It's going to be an early night for me. Take care everyone. And Jeannie, it was a pleasure to see you and your family again. I'll make sure Victoria comes with me (as if I could stop her) to the next POOPS.

Evening everyone, been a long day!!! up at 4 am cause i couldn't sleep, went to Auction of Stillwater, bid on some stuff, only bought a pair of English Fantail Pigeons. Loaded a deep freeze, then went and loaded some other junk at another place, got feed, had lunch, went to Walmart, stopped at Atwoods, came home and Dakota did chores for me!! Don't know what got into him except I think he just wanted to drive the truck! Jessie came in a fixed supper. Had a bit of a spat with Heather about eating her supper, got her in the tub. Chicks are doing good, will try to finish cage for Baby Guineas tomorrow, have to go pick some apples sometime tomorrow and need to make some Jelly to enter into the fair. Don't know how far i will get on that list till tomorrow gets here!!!

Teach and I think it is Elwood whom like snakes!?!!
Here is a sight for you I found via craigs list!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poncacityalmostfreestuff/message/6434

Lynn
big_smile.png
cool.png

Quote:
Congratulations to Annabell and Yonna!
(Betsy is a wonderful and active enabler to help youngsters get involved in showing and making sure they have quality birds to show if she has the chance!)

Hey Micheal didn't Doublostud up in Stillwater use to have geese, there were two geese sold south of Stillwater at Guy Rose Auction but I think they were The brown Chineese geese. I have not heard from Doubleostud in a while, don't know if he is still around, I think I seen him at the auction but not sure. i don't have his email but it may be in the back post somewhere.
Congratulation to all that have been showing, i think we have the best poultry in Oklahoma here on our forum, have some really great kids and showmen also! Lynn

Buster thanks for not buying those tractors. I would not have wanted to purchase them at that price.

Took the kiddos to the Chickasha fair today. Montana's First Carnival. Sorry that Doc had to miss it.

The Little guy loved the faress wheel. 60 foot up and the air and all he could say was weeee. He has NO fear!

Went by the Blanchard auction for a couple hours. Got to visit with Al, Michael, Max, M&M, Muesky and cant remember all who else.
Always enjoy visiting with everyone. BTW, I was good and didnt by a thing, all though I made one of Al's Blue orpingtons go high.

Congrats Al on the Polish hen that you got $28 Dollars on... Wow... Cant believe it!

Well, Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Peaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom