Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to the greatest group on the web!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
I backed out of the internet as fast as I could, with that little "updating" wheel spinning. It would just be so ironic that I couldn't get a lengthy written message to post, but the wrong button went through lickety split.
th.gif

I'm sure you're fine. You have to hit the report button, wait for the page to load, type in an explanation of the problem, then hit submit (or whatever the next button says??)

Grace, thank you for telling me this. I will be more careful in the future, but it is a load off my mind to know that I didn't do something wrong, by accident.

I was reminded of the time I accidentally dialed 911 from my office phone, when trying to dial a 918 area code number - I dialed 9 for an outside line, 1 for long distance and then thought I dialed 9 for the 918 part of the phone number. When I realized what I had done, I hung up immediately and a few minutes later the Highway Patrol Officer who watches over our building was in my office and telling me that if I dialed 911 by accident again, she would have to arrest me.
hide.gif
Apparently when the dispatch gets a 911 call from our state office building, the Highway Patrol officer on duty is notified to check it out if the phone is hung up without communicating with dispatch. She laughed and told me that actually they have a 3 strikes and then arrest schedule, so that I had two more chances.

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You have found a wonderful group of folks who either live in Oklahoma or wish they lived in Oklahoma. As you have probably already seen, some of us are addicted to hatching poultry, attending poultry auctions and/or acquiring poultry. Disclaimer: those who are addicts tend to be enablers, so if you are not prepared to develop an addiction to acquiring poultry, hatching or attending poultry auctions, you will need to remain strong - because some of us may try to enable you.
smile.png

I think that when someone says they got the "wrong" chicks, they mean they ordered one variety and received something else entirely. It happens. It just seems like some hatcheries have a higher percentage of "error" than others.

One of my favorite breeds is the Americauna - with the cute fluffy cheeks, slate gray legs, pea comb (doesn't freeze in the winter) and of course the delightfully blue to blue green eggs. When your hens start laying eggs, be sure to notice that the inside of the egg is pale blue. (and look at a brown egg and notice that the inside of the shell is actually white since the outer color is applied over a white shelled egg)

clap.gif
clap.gif
I just noticed that we are back on the top of the list on "Where am I? Where are you!"
wee.gif

I found a cool "whatever" at a garage sale today. I guess it could be a brooder
jumpy.gif
or a grow out pen
D.gif
or a rabbit
bun.gif
cage or something else. Anyway it is over 6 ft. tall and about 4 ft. wide and 2 ft. deep. It is all PVC pipe frame, vinyl covered wire, "dura-bench" cage bottoms, plastic clean out trays and it has rollers. Even the tray holders are plastic. No rust! It has about a 12" X 12" door in each section so it will be easy to get birds in and out.
I'm not sure if we will use it but I thought if we don't need it someone on the BYC can use it.
thumbsup.gif

30285_brooder_2.jpg

30285_brooder1.jpg

Quote:
When I was still in graduate school, a mother of 8 gave me the best advice I ever received. She said "It is possible to be a good wife, mother, housekeeper, have a career, and have time for yourself. You just can't do them all at the same time." So I immediately gave up housekeeping as a priority and have never regretted having more time for all the other things that actually seemed "important" like time with family and friends.
cool.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you found us, It's the best thread on BYC Loads of very helpful folks
welcome-byc.gif

Yes, I agree, (I joined this summer) very nice folks and very helpful and knowledgable.

But watch out - you don't have to be on this thread long before you have an irresistable urge to get more chickens and anything else with feathers.

jumpy.gif
is that a problem?
gig.gif

Grace'sDad :

clap.gif
clap.gif
I just noticed that we are back on the top of the list on "Where am I? Where are you!"
wee.gif

jumpy.gif
or a grow out pen
D.gif
or a rabbit
bun.gif
cage or something else. Anyway it is over 6 ft. tall and about 4 ft. wide and 2 ft. deep. It is all PVC pipe frame, vinyl covered wire, "dura-bench" cage bottoms, plastic clean out trays and it has rollers. Even the tray holders are plastic. No rust! It has about a 12" X 12" door in each section so it will be easy to get birds in and out.
I'm not sure if we will use it but I thought if we don't need it someone on the BYC can use it.
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30285_brooder_2.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30285_brooder1.jpg

Looks like a great grow out cage! Easy to clean and easy to move around.
jumpy.gif

Grace'sDad :

clap.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

jumpy.gif
or a grow out pen
D.gif
or a rabbit
bun.gif
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30285_brooder_2.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30285_brooder1.jpg

Looks like an excellent quail cage to me. Just imagine it filled with fluffy white Texas A&Ms or the always lovely Manchurian Goldens. I'd be tempted to build one like it if I could find the PVC corner pieces. The selection that Lowes has is just pathetic.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom