Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh I see now. My thoughts were that using bucket heaters they would set up a convection current inside of the bucket but it may not spread to the extensions off of the buckets.

I've never tried it But I would like to set up a small, thermostated tank type block heater like for a car that hooks into the heater hoses. Im afraid that the water would stay way too warm. And they cost about too much to run constantly.

Stuff was hi or most of it . To night at cement .They didnt have as much as norm a guy was ther from Ryan ok an said they wer starting a sale ther. An some new pep's from Texas they wer buying alot . Rabbits wer hi at last some brot 6 to 8 buck's one small bunny brot 3 was the cheapest .
Egg's wer still cheap a p.hen brot 57buck's an a grown pr of golden phesent's brot close to 30each .
Seen sgt he bot some nice roo's . An the Yoader's wer ther . One thing i would have bot was some nice NICE milly cochin's but some BYC'ers wer biding on thim .

Put a hotter bulb out in the quail brooder a minute ago. I can't believe how quick it's gone from having to put ice in everyone's water, to wearing a long-sleeve shirt to put birds up. Soon it'll be time to curl up on the couch next to the wood stove and drink cocoa. In between trips outside to make sure that no one is freezing to death, of course. I need to build a mini coop for a pair of my Old English. They will be moving out into the quail grow out pen once the birds in there are big enough to be processed (assuming I don't chicken out again and sell them instead).
hmm.png

Quote:
Glad to hear that prices are picking up.

Were the pheasants red golden pheasants or yellow golden pheasants? I would pay $30 for a yellow golden hen that was at least a year old, to pair up with the yellow golden yearling cockeral that I got at POOPS. He has turned into a really gorgeous bird. Right now, I have him in the same huge flight pen with the red golden pheasants, but will need to move him out next spring when the hen starts laying again.

Quote:
donnie, those are some very pretty birds
smile.png

Thanks , you all know i cant wait for them to be grown , so i can hatch some more , and bring some to poops, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom