Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnie it's good to see that you are getting the flock rebuilt. Save a little space and at the next POOPS I will have a few NNs for you.

I will probably hatch most of the winter so there will be extras by spring.

Quote:
thanks , im in process of turning the old horse barn into my new coop so ill have plenty of room the barn its self is 13 ft deep and 36 ft long , i have already played with some ideas on what i would like to do , so i will most definately have plenty of room for sure ,

I have a trio of toulouse geese , i tried to sex them which was chore in itself and well needless to say nothing came out so im assuming they are all females , so im on the look out for a male toulouse , i have several ducks now too i believe 22 if not a few more than that

Quote:
I started by reading the article that has "worms" in the link since I vermapost the kitchen scraps that the chickens shouldn't eat (coffee grounds, uncooked potato peels) along with some things the chickens could eat (egg shells). Good article. I have on occasion fed some of the worms to the chickens, but prefer to use them for turning my scraps into castings. I ordered my first red wrigglers through the mail many years ago, but suspect that if I were to dig in the bottom of the manure pile, I would find red wrigglers that have migrated to the compost pile on their own - since when we used to keep the rabbits outside and let their droppings fall through the cage to the ground, there were usually a lot of red wigglers in the accumulated pellets beneath their hutch.

Tried to go to Atwoods this evening for game bird starter for the lil sumo chicks(since all they do are eating, sleeping and pooping in the brooder cage) but found out the looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg way that they close at 8pm... Was going to look at their guineas but see in the add they are about the
same price as a hatchery minus the shipping
th.gif
scratching that idea... Its probably best any ways

I do have a egg question... which breeds of hens lay the best big brown eggs?

Quote:
I got tired of talking to myself earlier, when you walked off and left me.
th.gif

I am sorry but Jason said there were guineas at atwoods and since we wanted to buy game bird starter thought we could look to at least replenish the amount we wanted to keep any ways... but seeing the price online for the hatchery and then comparing to the Atwoods ad I was bit nope not right now... just because I bought those 10 lavender guineas for $10 at the auction. I dont know I am so tired I dont know what I want.. ha ha ha

Quote:
thanks , im in process of turning the old horse barn into my new coop so ill have plenty of room the barn its self is 13 ft deep and 36 ft long , i have already played with some ideas on what i would like to do , so i will most definately have plenty of room for sure ,

I have a trio of toulouse geese , i tried to sex them which was chore in itself and well needless to say nothing came out so im assuming they are all females , so im on the look out for a male toulouse , i have several ducks now too i believe 22 if not a few more than that

Are your toulouse geese the "standard" variety or the Giant Dewlaped Toulouse? One of our BYC folks, ashester, is looking for a Giant Dewlaped Toulouse goose hen.

Quote:

Are your toulouse geese the "standard" variety or the Giant Dewlaped Toulouse? One of our BYC folks, ashester, is looking for a Giant Dewlaped Toulouse goose hen.

mine dont have that extra baggage so they are not the dewlaped , i seen some of them when i was googling pics , but i havent seen a dewlap in person , wonder if i could use a dewlap gander on these girls or would it matter

Quote:
I got tired of talking to myself earlier, when you walked off and left me.
th.gif

I am sorry but Jason said there were guineas at atwoods and since we wanted to buy game bird starter thought we could look to at least replenish the amount we wanted to keep any ways... but seeing the price online for the hatchery and then comparing to the Atwoods ad I was bit nope not right now... just because I bought those 10 lavender guineas for $10 at the auction. I dont know I am so tired I dont know what I want.. ha ha ha

check with sgtmck1 - he was probably the seller of the guineas you bought at the auction for $1 each since he told me this morning that he sold some at an auction recently for $1 each. He is still hatching them and was selling them this morning at the Marlow flea market. In a previous post, he offered to "trade" for some guineas when you mentioned you lost your keets. He is from Sterling. You don't want any guineas from Atwoods! Those are too $$$$$ Besides, it is good to "buy local"
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom