Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange chicken...
lau.gif

Dad took me fishin in the creek behind his parents', where he fished as a kid. I've never fished with a cane pole before, but it was great! Less than 10 seconds in the water and we'd have one! All perch, but a few good sized ones.

Stay warm tonight everyone!

Quote:
Your supposed to downsize at POOPS not before. LOL

Oh I am going to downsize at POOPS as well!! I have a whole bunch of chicks that I am bringingand some silkies and probably some Polish as well I promise I wont come empty handed!!!!

Did you say *Polish*???
droolin.gif

What kind of polish???
You have to put me down for some, especially if you have silver laced, white crested blacks and blues. Oh, oh and if you have any white ones. I just bought a white one and would love to get one or two more.
Do you have any mottled houdans??
Just let me know how much.
I would be ever so greatful....
bow.gif

WE ARE ON THE COUNT DOWN!!!! PLEASE GET ME THE ITEM'S YOU PLAN TO BRING SO I CAN WORK OUT WHAT MIGHT NEED TO BE ADDED. IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ON THE LIST AND YOU HAVE SENT ME A PM, PLEASE SEND ANOTHER TO SO I CAN HAVE AN ACCURATE LIST!!

Hi everyone as you know the fall P.O.O.P.S will be Sept. 26th. It has been decided that we would have a Pot luck lunch & dinner! We are looking for foods that are just as good cold as they are hot.

We will have limited outlets for crock pots if that is something you might be interested in. We will also have limited space to keep things cool between lunch and dinner, so if you bring something that needs to be kept cool make arrangements for that. For some folks that travel you could possibly have your ingredients made and put them together on site. Keep in mind the number of people that will be attending when making your dish or dishes.

We will also need paper goods, silverware & drinks. I have a couple of large igloo coolers that can be used for tea & kool-aid. If you have an one we could use let me know. I will need volunteers for set up before each meal along with volunteers for clean up after.

Please contact (PM) myself or TJ’s Nana if you have any questions or if you need a suggestion as to what you can bring. I will keep a running list of items.

Volunteer’s to help set up & clean up (will set times later
Okiechick57
Bethinoklahoma &Family (3) (lunch)
Luvs2bmemaw2
Teach & Crew (Dinner)

Sooner~ Cheesy Chicken Soup (crock pot)
Sub sandwich
Kool aid
2 Igloo drink coolers
NNbreeder~ Banana pudding
Poco Pollo~
Case of bottle water on ice
TJ’s Nana~ igloo cooler w/lemonade
Scotcharoo cookies (large tray)
Cheesecake
BBQ Kilbasa (crock pot)
Tortilla Chips and Cheese Dip
Quenston~ Igloo Cooler
Coleslaw salad
Broccoli Salad
2 cases of water on ice
CityClucks~Tabouli
GreyBear~ Biscuits
Fried Chicken
Bethinoklahoma~ Chicken (Fried?)
Poultryandbees~ LG fruit salad
LG Cooked Ham
Muesky~ Pasta Salad
Tempeh burgers
Veggie hotdogs
SlightlyCracked~Paper plates
Flatware
Luv2bmemaw2~ Chicken & dumplings
Peach cobbler
Teach~ Black Bean Dip & Chips
Brownies
Crestedchicklover~ Mac Salad
Toco Salad
Gucamole/Salsa/chips
Napkins/foil
Sundownerok918~ Chicken & dumplins
Cake
Relish tray

TEE SHIRTS!!!!!!!

WE ARE NOW ON THE COUNT DOWN TO P.O.O.P.S!!! DON'T WAIT TO ORDER YOUR SHIRTS, GET THEM IN NOW. I WILL BE PLACING THE ORDER SOON!!!

As you can see it will be a three color design on a navy Ambil 100% cotton shirt.

Shirt orders will be taken from today until Sept 14th the pricing is listed below. Shirts will NOT have to be paid for when ordering, I will collect all money at P.O.O.P.S.

If you would like to order a shirt please PM me with T-Shirt in the subject line. When ordering state the size and number of shirts you want.

I have also been asked about hats or visors, if you are interested in a hat please let me know. If we have enough interest I will check on pricing for those.

Youth Sm. to Adult XL $9.00 For each additional X add $1.00

*****Don't wait till P.O.O.P.S to get your shirt************

25723_poops_cf3_1.jpg

Quote:
Contact/PM a moderator or administrator with your new Title and they will add it within a few hours.

AL

Quote:
Let me know what you might want for them, I might just call dibs!!!

What age are they?

I wasnt real sure of their age until I got eggs last night and this morning and they were rather small compared to some of the Polish eggs I have seen so I am assuming they are rather young Like I said I will get the pics posted and let everyone see them like I said I have 8 but wanting to keep 4 but my mind can be changed lol

Thanks Sooner.

I'll move her tomorrow -- I have a huge dog crate I could put her and the babies in -- I'll put hay in the bottom for them.

My chickens are free-range -- so I COULD lock the chickens out during the day and it would just be her and the babies in there. . . but I think I'd rather move her and the chicks that way my other chickens will still lay in the coop during the day.

Thanks again.

WE ARE ON THE COUNT DOWN!!!! PLEASE GET ME THE ITEM'S YOU PLAN TO BRING SO I CAN WORK OUT WHAT MIGHT NEED TO BE ADDED. IF YOUR NAME ISN'T ON THE LIST AND YOU HAVE SENT ME A PM, PLEASE SEND ANOTHER TO SO I CAN HAVE AN ACCURATE LIST!!

Hi everyone as you know the fall P.O.O.P.S will be Sept. 26th. It has been decided that we would have a Pot luck lunch & dinner! We are looking for foods that are just as good cold as they are hot.

We will have limited outlets for crock pots if that is something you might be interested in. We will also have limited space to keep things cool between lunch and dinner, so if you bring something that needs to be kept cool make arrangements for that. For some folks that travel you could possibly have your ingredients made and put them together on site. Keep in mind the number of people that will be attending when making your dish or dishes.

We will also need paper goods, silverware & drinks. I have a couple of large igloo coolers that can be used for tea & kool-aid. If you have an one we could use let me know. I will need volunteers for set up before each meal along with volunteers for clean up after.

Please contact (PM) myself or TJ’s Nana if you have any questions or if you need a suggestion as to what you can bring. I will keep a running list of items.

Volunteer’s to help set up & clean up (will set times later
Okiechick57
Bethinoklahoma &Family (3) (lunch)
Luvs2bmemaw2
Teach & Crew (Dinner)

Sooner~ Cheesy Chicken Soup (crock pot)
Sub sandwich
Kool aid
2 Igloo drink coolers
NNbreeder~ Banana pudding
Poco Pollo~
Case of bottle water on ice
TJ’s Nana~ igloo cooler w/lemonade
Scotcharoo cookies (large tray)
Cheesecake
BBQ Kilbasa (crock pot)
Tortilla Chips and Cheese Dip
Quenston~ Igloo Cooler
Coleslaw salad
Broccoli Salad
2 cases of water on ice
CityClucks~Tabouli
GreyBear~ Biscuits
Fried Chicken
Bethinoklahoma~ Chicken (Fried?)
Poultryandbees~ LG fruit salad
LG Cooked Ham
Muesky~ Pasta Salad
Tempeh burgers
Veggie hotdogs
SlightlyCracked~Paper plates
Flatware
Luv2bmemaw2~ Chicken & dumplings
Peach cobbler
Teach~ Black Bean Dip & Chips
Brownies
Crestedchicklover~ Mac Salad
Toco Salad
Gucamole/Salsa/chips
Napkins/foil
Sundownerok918~ Chicken & dumplins
Cake
Relish tray
Countryroads~ cupcakes or cookies
200ct bowls
AL~ Large pot of chili
2 Lg Smoked hams (sliced)
Chocolate chip pecan cookies

Last edited:
Wow it is so cool outside this evening
cool.png
It sure makes me wonder how cold it will be this winter.

I finally got a chance to look at all my emails and catch up with BYC tonight, but only because I have to work 10 hours overtime tonight & luckily have a slow night.
caf.gif

Earlier today, Gerald talked me into going to an open house & look at a house & 10 acres for sale. It looks like a charming little rustic cabin in the woods. Well, now HE just loves that house & acreage & thinks we need to move. I swore when I moved the last time that I'd never do it again
barnie.gif
On the bright side, it's within walking distance of my parents & sisters homes, it has a small pond, a chicken house, & several barns. Oh, and the chickens stay with the house! On the downside ... it's a smaller house, only 2 bed & 1 bath. I know it's just me & Gerald & we don't need much .... but .....I was hoping to build a new house on our existing property with a wrap around porch and a big master bathroom with a whirlpool tub and this house just has one dinky little bathroom. The bathroom situation doesn't bother Gerald at all, since he grew up in South Dakota with no indoor bathroom! Anyway, we just might be putting in an offer that will probably be refused because we're only going to offer about 3/4 of their asking price.

So, if we buy this house, then we WILL be having a major downsizing ~ chicken reduction sale to build up funds for the move. I guess we could probably sell several hundred birds & still keep enough to be overrun with chickens. Regardless of buying a house or not, there definitely needs to be a major reduction sale. I wonder how many birds we can fit in the big green army truck to take to POOPS?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom