Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Outlaw is so cute - I hope you will keep us updated with pictures as he matures. Yes, he is going to be a large dog when you make the comparison to the Pug.

thumbsup.gif
we have our pony pending payment of sale... If it goes through come Tuesday I will be doing this
bun.gif

We had 3 eggs again today... now if only the other girls will stop being lazy ha ha

Jeannie

PS: I have a few things for the POOPS auction but to whom do I contact?

Just got back from the meat market... took my mom there & dropped her off (she was gonna be awhile), picked up 2 gorgeous pullets from the post office, dropped them off into the quarantine cage at my house with water and food, picked up my daughter, then back to the meat market. We walked out with something like 70 lbs of beef. About 20 lbs of that is for me, 30 lbs of it was cube steak for my mom (what she uses to make her breakfast and stuff). So that's why it takes so long, they do the cube steak on the spot, and 30 lbs of it is quite a lot of meat to use the machine on...
lol.png
I got a bunch of roasts, that's normally what I get. Steak is outside my budget
smile.png
Well, that and I don't know how to cook it very well and I'd be mad as a wet hen if I screwed up on an expensive steak.
lol.png
Oh, and I also found out that their flank steaks are MUCH LARGER than I used to buy at the grocery store.
lau.gif
So now I actually have twice as much as I thought I was gonna get.

I meant to add that I really wanted to go in with people on a quarter share of beef, but I never have that much $ upfront and I'd be afraid it'd go bad/freezerburn. Plus, I actually have *no idea* the approximate weight of meat, so I'd hate to say "sure, I'll do it!" and find out that I didn't have enough cash to cover my part of the deal. That's not fair (at all) to the farmer. So. The meat market was a logical choice.

Last edited:
Quote:
I've got two of them, all ya gotta do is come & get'um, or someone can come and get a boat load of all different kinds or bantams and take them to poops or do with them as you please.

As for the other conversation... I've never met a donut I didn't like!

Did you see my previous post mentioning Pryor?
big_smile.png

Well after hide, bones and innerds are taken out they figure a 40% (roughly) shrinkage from an "on the hoof" weight so a 1000lb steer will yield about 600 pounds of meat. Of course it just depends on how the beef is cut and the live weight as to how much a quarter will weigh.

Quote:
See, I knew it depended on what the live weight was and the cutting, but nobody's actually said how much was "loss", etc. I finally got frustrated and decided not to bother... without even a general round-about approximate place to start, there's no way I can budget for it. This information is definitely a much better "starting place".

Just got in and was tellin myself I have not been diligent latey by not posting any Epiquiren delights
barnie.gif
. So here is what's on the stove tonight, I bought some Fresh Live Blue Crab by the lb tonight, got me 20 lbs this time they looked so good. So without further ado eat your hearts out hehehehehe
pop.gif

AL

They were very fresh and fiesty, got em off the back of a truck at the filipino fish market
10364_img_0631.jpg

10364_img_0630.jpg

10364_img_0632.jpg

In the pot and on their way.
10364_img_0633.jpg

The only side required
10364_img_0634.jpg

AL

please no death threats LOL..........
tongue2.gif

Beth,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I like that you enjoy Ray LaMontagne. At the time, my listening had a kinda lesbo tilt; I was listening to KD Lang and Melissa Ethridge. It wasn't planned, it just worked out that way. I hesitate to add that right now I'm listening to 009 Sound System.

-Stimp-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom