Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys it was nice to meet you all, and it was a pleasure to be a part of such an awesome event ..... i didnt really know what to expect since i was a newbie lol but i will definately be more prepared for next year and most definately be checking into the cabin deal lol ........ I also wanted to thank everyone for all the great birds and eggs i got as well i cant remember everyones names but faces i am better with , , the entire event was great , grace congrats on the graduation ... everyone was really nice and made me feel pretty comfortable which is a bit hard at times with me , for haveing a bit of anxiety in new situations but thanks to city clucks for being so nice when i first arrived she helped take the edge off along with the many trips i made walking around looking at all the gorgeous birds helped alot too .... and carah im sure i was pestering the fire out of you when i needed something or had a question i came to you lol , thanks to everyone else for the conversation as well you all helped when i had a question about something i wasnt sure of or didnt know about , cant wait to see you all again....

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, it was our loss. What time did you roll into Gee? Or is it Gi '

The Gee!! We got here at about 8 pm but had to unload all the turkey's & duck at the neighbors then home to unload.
I am trying to catch up on the thread but loosing the battle because I need to go to bed.

LOL Donnie, you didn't pester me a bit. Let me talk about chickens or anything remotely close & as you can see I will talk your ear off. Most likey told you the answer plus alot more! It's fun talking an meet people for me, I just didn't have enough time to talk to everyone! Thank goodness there will be more events!!

yeah you guys were pretty busy making sure everything was takin care of you all did do an awesome job ............ it did feel more like a family reunion than a swap meet which made it even better for sure

yeah he said he had fun and wanted to go next year too , which i was suprised since he is more shy than i am lol but he said it wasnt anything like he expected either ........ so i think we have another member on the way ........ im trying to enable him into chickens lol so far he has only showed interest into the games but he is a 17 yr old guy so go figure lol out of all the birds there he found one he liked , which i need to find out from roy what breed it was exactly i didnt ever go and ask him since he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off , lol but i would like to find out so i can be on the look out for some eggs or chicks to raise up for him or actually have him raise up and see which ones he would like to keep if he didnt want to keep them all .

Hi everyone,

I just want to say I soooo enjoyed myself yesterday! That food was great, the Pulled pork had me, couldn't leave it alone, Monty you can cook for me anytime, just let me know when and I will be right over. I had a wonderful time picking your brain Betsy, I was following you around like a puppy and hope not being a pest. Thank you for the wonderful advice on my babies and taking the time. Beth you were so much fun and so kind. Everyone was just so pleasant. I am an AKC judge, let me tell you dog people just aren't that pleasant to spend 10 hours with!
clap.gif
ya.gif

Sarah Braden has done alot of work to try to get us to be able to have chickens in OKC without worrying about the dreaded "pink slip" from animal control.
hide.gif
I know it made her feel good to have the ovation at the end of her presentation. What she didn't tell you is she has received notice from the city to get rid of her 6 hens. She only has a couple of weeks before the hammer falls. I feel horrible for her!
hit.gif
somad.gif
I think the "Chicken Police" followed her home from a city council meeting, either that or the helicopter that takes the "Chicken Police" around at night to look for chickens, found her Coop. They are so unknowing...Awh, just stupid, about chickens they don't know the girls are all in bed!
lau.gif
Please support and tell everone you know or anyone with and OKC address to be at the City Council meeting. Numbers and votes are all these people recognize.

Lindy had a really good time too. She doesn't get to get out much and that just did her good. I know we just met you all but you are all so nice and welcoming I feel like I have known you for years! Mike, that was fun getting to win your loot!!! LOL
wee.gif
Darn, I wanted to win those Silkie babies! I got into trouble for coming home with more chickens. Oh Well...
idunno.gif

Kathy
frow.gif

Last edited:
I wont'd to thank every one for making Macy so welcome. An thank every one for the hard work it took to put this on. An all the<<Great>> food...I am very bless'd to no such fine folk's..
I can't wait tel the next one. Thank's Grace an Grace's Dad on the pic's you post'd..Can't wait to get home to mor an see if ther's more...
chkchkchkee....Are best of thot's are with you guy's in OKC an ward3. An hope she get's to keep her bird's.

Wow!! It sounds like the Tune bunch missed a great time.
sad.png

Thanks Q for being a delivery dude and I will get with you tomorrow.

I hate it that we missed out on such a great time. Hopefully we can make it down to an auction some time soon!
Miss all of you terribly,

Neecy

Quote:
Neecy, we missed y'all as well. It would be great to see you at an auction sometime this summer.

Isn't it cool how we manage to get birds to each other across the state?
yippiechickie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom