Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Not unless they have added some new regulation very recently...

Fighting chickens are illegal now, in case anyone missed out on that.
lol.png

Darn, and I have these crazy fighting Cochin hens...

Well you said no new regulations and CountryRoad was being 'smart' and mentioned that fighting chickens is now illegal...so we ran with it
lol.png

Vicious cochins and silkies
lau.gif

Will you be bringing chicks to Chickenstock?

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
to our new Okie members!

Everyone keep your
fl.gif
for me! I am on day 18 with my first hatch! I am down to only 7 eggs but I don't care I just hope this 7 hatches! I am trying the egg carton method and I have taken out my little prop up stands added a little water and am not letting anyone touch the bator! My little doxie is about to lose his mind! He doesn't understand why "we" aren't turning the eggs today.

Oh I think I am going to lose my mind!
barnie.gif

Graceful, do you have any mille fleur eggs for sale? I'd like to buy some still. Maybe I'll talk Gerald into another trip to Blue soon ... is the auction next Tuesday?

teresaann242002, nice meeting you and thanks for buying some brabanter chicks! Now that particular brooder is not filled to over-capacity anymore! Yea!

Kaacres, Good luck with your first hatch! We're cheering you on!
yippiechickie.gif

I hope we have many Okies attending the Harrah auction ... I'm bringing lots of youngsters to sell ... some black jersey giant chicks that I hatched from eggs I bought on ebay (I thought I was going to keep some, but I think I'll just keep some of my blue jersey hicks), some silkie chicks, some white bantam chicks (from my feed store binge) some spitzhauben chicks and a few brabanter chicks. Oh, and 4 call ducklings, call duck eggs, 4 ringneck pheasant chicks (ebay egg purchase) ... and whatever else I can fit in the truck!

Poultryandbees, we will bring you some nice silkie pullets and white guinea eggs on Saturday!

Buckguy, were you still interested in the Marans?

Hooligan, I hadn't yet (passed out fliers), but I will next time
big_smile.png

Oh, now I get it about the fighting chickens!
lol.png

I will probably be bringing birds to the ChickenStock.... at least eggs
smile.png

Carla, I have a half-dozen MF d'Uccle eggs, but if you just pay shipping, you can have them. I am just sorry I forgot to bring them to the auction *embarrassed*
Yes, there is an auction next Tuesday, which is also when my 4-H poultry club is meeting. If you do decide to come down, maybe you could come an hour early and stop by our meeting at 6:00 in the Durant Community Building (I could get you "real" directions
lol.png
)

Kaacres, I hope your hatch goes well!
fl.gif

Chinachicks and Teresa Ann, welcome to our Okie group!
big_smile.png

Cammie, you are just too funny, girl
lol.png
roll.png

Yes I am interested in the Marans. I may talk to Carla and if she is coming to the Blue auction ask her to pick them up for me.
Thanks, buckguy

Carla, I sent you a pm messsage. Can you guess about what?

Last edited:
Grace, you do 4-H in Durant? When I was a kid we lived briefly in Calera and I went to some of the 4-H things but my mom wouldn't let me join
sad.png
I would love to do something for 4-H where I could work with kids. You rock!

Quote:
Yes I do, one rooster, one cockerel, and one hen. I don't like the tails on either of the boys, though the younger one has the better of the two. My yard is a disorganized mess because my partner in crime thinks he needs to work instead of build breeding pens for me! The nerve...
roll.png

Harrah auction is Saturday. Starts at 5 p.m. I think you can take birds and stuff throughout the day. They usually stop checking stuff in to sell at 5 p.m.
Sorry I won't get to be there.
Monty

Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom