Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla,
I am not sure how you will tell the marans apart from the other chicks, but to distinguish the Jersey Black Giants from the Black Australorps, look at the bottoms of their feet. Black Giant chicks have yellow on the bottom of their feet. The bottom of the feet on Black Australorp chicks are pinkish-white colored.

Thanks Maribeth for the description of the feet. I figure I'll be able to tell a difference in size eventually too. I only have 2 black australorps in there, so I should be able to pick them out from the rest ... I hope! And, I have 7 younger austrolorps in a 5 stack brooder that I will be able to use for identifying! Speaking of that brooder ... my poor Narragansett poults are in one level of the brooder, and they're hitting their heads on the roof! I must get them in a pen this weekend before they hurt themselves! Yea! Kaacres has volunteered the services of her DH to help us put together a pen!
wee.gif

Hi everyone. My chick's are going on 9 weeks old and I'm pretty sure 3 of my bantam's are roosters.

I need to find a home for two of the Roo's and replace them with pullets.

Does anyone have a need for 2 bantam Roo's??????

Carla, If you ever want to sell any of the Wheaten marans, let me know.
Also, I talked to Robbie about the kids handling the chicks, he said they will try and watch them closer.
Part of the problem is that they have no one watching the inside (where the chicks are) while they are selling the outside stuff.
Monty

Last edited:
They also need to have someone watching the kids after the auction while everyone is trying to cash out. That is when the problem is the biggest, I think. And I know that is when the kids were dropping them everywhere. Wouldn't it be easier at least with the chicks if they just handed them to the winning bidder just like with the eggs and misc items? Just my opinion but at least then they could be a little more protected. I know one of us always takes our eggs out to the truck so they don't get jostled around or broken. The chicks are usually in a box anyway so it isn't like cages have to be traded or anything. Just a thought.

Yep, I definitely had a problem with 3 kids playing with and one boy dropping one of my bourbon red turkey poults that I won at the Harrah auction last Saturday. I guess he was thinking it should fly. I just happened to catch them in the act when I was in line. I don't know how long they were playing with them, but I was in line for at least 10 minutes before I glaced over there, then I rushed over and took them away from the kids. Luckily the poults are doing better now. I put them on antibiotics just to be sure because they were definitely stressed out. One poult has an eye that stays shut. I wonder what I should do for it?

And Monty, now I am upset Maribeth got to meet you and I still haven't.
hit.gif

Isn't she one of the sweetest people you have ever met? I am so glad that our paths crossed. I always love to hear from her. Sorry we missed you at Harrah. Are you going to try to make Cement this Saturday? I hope so, it would be nice to finally get to meet you.
fl.gif

I am sure we will get to meet someday. I won't be at Cement. I am having a little bit of surgery done on Friday so I will have some limitations for a while. You are right, maribeth is a super nice lady. We talked til dark.
Monty

Here are the folks that have answered the roll call. ChicknGurl, Luvzmybabz, Krysstyllanthrox, Kaacres, Hooligan, OKCarla, Allison, GracefulBantams, FoghornLeghorn. OkieChick, Antheat, Chickenhead, Poultryandbees, and Okie16.
I know Mawchickkidie is around but has anyone heard from Countyroad or EGH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom