*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do know that whenever someone gets stuck you are supposed to get on the CB and make pig sounds...right? Then start calling the kitty (as in the catapiller...) huh...must be something that happens on big operations when everyone is stuck and can't get anywhere...

most of the stuff used now is made from corn...kinda useful stuff...should we let the violently against GMO stuff know? I think not...how will they package stuff? Makes me smile
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have hatched out way toooooooo many already! YOU really need to have some of these!

Quote:
I want some!!! And hubby told me at lunch I could get more chickens after telling me yesterday I couldn't get any more this year.
tongue.png
We're going to build another coop this spring, we've out grown our current one
gig.gif

Just tell me when you are ready!

Quote:
I know nothing about icelandic chickens, after you posted this I did a quick search to find out about them. This is what I found out in a nut shell (is it acurate) they almost went extinct, they come in many color combo's, they have many diff comb types, many diff leg colors, all have white earlobes and lay white eggs, and there offspring don't ness look like their parents, oh and they both have and don't have topknots.

So here's my questions how do you know if it is an icelandic chicken? How well do they tolerate heat? How docile are they? How big are they?

And by the way I love that they are so differant. That is why I got EE's variety of color.

Quote:
I know nothing about icelandic chickens, after you posted this I did a quick search to find out about them. This is what I found out in a nut shell (is it acurate) they almost went extinct, they come in many color combo's, they have many diff comb types, many diff leg colors, all have white earlobes and lay white eggs, and there offspring don't ness look like their parents, oh and they both have and don't have topknots.

So here's my questions how do you know if it is an icelandic chicken? How well do they tolerate heat? How docile are they? How big are they?

And by the way I love that they are so differant. That is why I got EE's variety of color.

How do you know if it is an Icelandic? Well, I know mine came from Mary's flock. Sigrid imported them from Iceland. The last lot she got came from eggs gathered from an uninhabited island (for 60 years) in Iceland. Pretty hardy to flourish there all on their own, I would say. Those are the parents of my stock.

These birds are amazing to me. They come in all sorts of colors and head gear. I even have a couple with slight leg feathering. A hatch is so exciting, as you never know what you will get.

Size is larger than bantam, but smaller than standard. I guess I should weigh them.

Quote:

How do you know if it is an Icelandic? Well, I know mine came from Mary's flock. Sigrid imported them from Iceland. The last lot she got came from eggs gathered from an uninhabited island (for 60 years) in Iceland. Pretty hardy to flourish there all on their own, I would say. Those are the parents of my stock.

These birds are amazing to me. They come in all sorts of colors and head gear. I even have a couple with slight leg feathering. A hatch is so exciting, as you never know what you will get.

Size is larger than bantam, but smaller than standard. I guess I should weigh them.

I wasn't meaning to question the lineage of your specific birds, just curious in general how a person can distinguish an icelandic chicken w/ all the variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom