*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I use gravel screenings in my runs, it works great, pack it down good and it will keep them clean and dry when it is wet and muddy everywhere else. It will pack down good so when you need to clean out the poop just drag it out with a flat shovel. It doesn't hurt their feet and if they eat some of the fine gravel it is OK too. It keeps the smell down, birds clean and dry, it is hard for critters to dig under when it is packed down good, you can't beat it. You can get a dump truck full for around $100, I love it in my pens.

Quote:
They're growing like little weeds. Still getting their feathers in, but they're looking good so far. I'm pretty pleased with that rooster myself, he's really turned into a heck of a bird. Although I guess I should call him a cockerel still, he's creeping up on his first birthday.

Quote:
There is no purchasing of them. Donations are accepted to the "Save the Icelandics," fund, in Iceland. I will be happy to bring as many chicks as wanted to POOPS!

Just tell us how to make the donation - check or PayPal.
D.gif

They accept checks.

For the Protective Society for Icelandic Chicken:

Please mail your donation to:

Johanna G. Hardardottir
Hlesey
301 Akranes
Iceland

Quote:
Maribeth I think you need to recalcuate I am thinking we will be at 2250 posts by Friday.

Do I win? Oh Are we even playing yet? If so Did I win?

Monty - we aren't to 2250 posts yet and no one has made any guesses other than yours just now (which I am going to take as an example of how NOT to make a guess since it doesn't give a date or time
wink.png
)

Since no one has made an "official guess" yet - and I didn't anticipate a week of non-stop chatter with all the snow - let's set the goal at 3375 posts - which is 45 pages (if you show 75 posts to the page). We now have a date for POOPS and I think we can reach that goal before May 1.

So, let the guessing begin!!!

I am glad I didn't win then because I already have one the prizes and my goal is to not to.

Give the date and the hour - the person who gets closest to the date and hour without going past it, wins the "prize."

We will work out a system for keeping track of the guesses and post a link to it in my signature line or I will create a BYC page that contains it.

ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
I like the way you make this sound like a grand adventure...be careful up there!

Fortunately falling off would have been a short drop into some deep snow. I figured that since the snow on the roof weighed more than I did, I should be able to stretch out and occupy the space it had covered without falling through the panels, kind of like you do if you're trying to rescue someone who's fallen through ice. I did get down once I got to the damaged part and carry the ladder around to get to the snow without getting back on the roof. Thankfully that part was close to the edge. Falling down inside the greenhouse wouldn't have been as soft as sliding off the roof.

Quote:
CB? dang teach, we had her out of that hole long before any tow truck or tractor could get there.

sooner, that was a ditch a foot wide and a yard deep, we keep filling it up and when we get a good rain, gets washed right back out.
barnie.gif

and what is SDWD? having brain convulsions trying to figure it out.

Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I told you,
duc.gif
it is supose to be a secret (society for deleware world domination) but you didn't hear it from me.
hide.gif

they didn't hear it from me.
hide.gif

Just saw the news on Channel 6: We're out of school again on Tuesday. I saw the postal carrier today for the first time in over a week. He called up to the house and I walked down to get the mail. He apologized for not being able to get to us sooner. He got his 4WD jeep stuck about a mile in from pavement last Friday. Our drive was cleared, mostly, by a neighbor, but DH won't let me attempt it with the Tacoma unless it's a life or death emergency. I'm content. It's been like a winter vacation for me.

Anybody know how to keep the wild birds from invading your barn when you open a door? This morning I had half a dozen wild birds race into the barn above my head when I went in to check the flock's sleeping quarters. I chased them around with a broom, but I think they were just baiting me, because they took turns resting in the rafters until I gave up.

Quote:
Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I told you,
duc.gif
it is supose to be a secret (society for deleware world domination) but you didn't hear it from me.
hide.gif

they didn't hear it from me.
hide.gif

I've heard it's a cult, of sorts.
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom