OKLAHOMA AUCTIONS and SWAPS

Monty, on the Durant/Blue auction where is says that it starts at 7:00, can you add in parenthesis that they may start the non-poultry items at 6:00.

Quote:
Perkins Auction: (Guy Rose poultry auction)
Every Saturday at 10 a.m.
Located about three miles north of Highway 33 on 177. Just south of Stillwater.

Quote:
Hey Okies. I'm a Bama Man living in Okemah Oklahoma now, and raising chickens again.

I'm new to the area, and I really apprecite the info on the auctions near me

Quote:
Hey Okies. I'm a Bama Man living in Okemah Oklahoma now, and raising chickens again.

I'm new to the area, and I really apprecite the info on the auctions near me

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! What kind of pheasants are you raising?
Come on over to the Okies in the BYC thread. There are over 200 Okies on there chatting about our addictions to auctions, hatching and raising fowl of all sorts. We are a great group of "enablers"
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23736&p=1

We are going to the Cement auction tomorrow (June 6) night and I'm wondering how hard it is to find. I've driven through Cement while house hunting but remember nothing about it. We went to the Blanchard auction (which has its own website ), but Cement is much closer to us.

I know this is last minute, but in case someone happens to catch it in time to help.

Edited to add...
Never mind. Al over in the Okie thread gave me the following directions, in case anyone else should need them some time...

"The sale is on main street, just go north on Main 3-4 blocks you will see a white bldg w/blue trim and lot's of pick-up's parked around. piece of cake starts at 5:00, see ya there."

Last edited:
I went to the Maude auction for the first time last night 6-26.

I got ripped off for 21 dollars.

I had a trio of white japs and a trio of black japs. The selling price was 8.50.

I had a trio of silver seabrights, and a trio of golden seabrights. The highest bid was 5.00. That was a "no sale". I wasn't gonna give my birds away.

When, I went to get payed, the cashier gave me a receipt for 6 jap bantams @ 5.00 each.

I said, "oh wait a minute ma'mm. Those japs sold for 8.50 each." She argued with me, that the auctioneer had written that price down, so that's what she was gonna pay.

Then, the auctioneer came up, and I reminded him, that I "no sold" the seabrights @ 5.00, and the japs sold for 8.50.

"Oh yea, that's right", said he. Then he asked where the guy was that bought them. I told him, that he had already left.

Then, he informed me, that it was my responsibility to make sure everything was correct, before allowing the other guy to leave.

I got ripped off, and the auctioneer, and the "beauty queen wanna be" cashier done it. I won't be back. Very rude, and obnoxious, and the lady is a stuck up, conceited person, that shouldn't deal with the public.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom