OKLAHOMA AUCTIONS and SWAPS

Quote:

OOps.! Beat me to it!
cool.png

I went to Alex sat an took some hens i was real< happy> with wat they brot first pick out of my S.L.W.dotts brot 15ech an my old time Doms brot 11.75 3hens an a roo. I had two does an a buck lion heads they brot 8.50ech. They had some good O.E a guy name Eric S..... brot .An he had two pr of B.T Japps that brot 15ech need to say they wer good birds an cheap at that.Johny Files had some Modern Game Bantums ther they brot around 5ech. I bot some nice roo"s half grown 2ech an some a little bigger 3 an 4ech....ONE..THING..I...CAN...SAY..IS..this i go to lots of sales all over an this sale is ran the way one should ...BE.... Every thing Sale"s in order that its Brot in an wen i looked at my ticket it had down just wat i bot... NOT..some code!! I seen some BYC BRO"S ther< OLD Town Chickens> let me no he had first dabs on the Delwares..

j

Quote:
Michael, thank you for the report. We know that you are the expert when it comes to poultry auctions and that you have a good eye for birds.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
It is also nice to hear a positive report when an auction has accurate paperwork.

Quote:
Because Blanchard was off last weekend, I went to Mountain View to the goat auction that didn't exist. I called the number from the co-op ad and guy said they no longer do an auction on the second Saturday in Mtn. View, as they are doing one in Wichita Falls Texas that Saturday, instead.

Which is even better for me, considering it is about a half hour closer.
lol.png
My dearest one gave me a hard time all the way home about not calling before we drove all the way up there. Which is fine. I deserved it. Stupid mistake. Here I thought a week-old ad in a monthly paper would be accurate.

Mountain View auction happens only once a month now on the 4th Saturday.

Last edited:
Quote:
Because Blanchard was off last weekend, I went to Mountain View to the goat auction that didn't exist. I called the number from the co-op ad and guy said they no longer do an auction on the second Saturday in Mtn. View, as they are doing one in Wichita Falls Texas that Saturday, instead.

Which is even better for me, considering it is about a half hour closer.
lol.png
My dearest one gave me a hard time all the way home about not calling before we drove all the way up there. Which is fine. I deserved it. Stupid mistake. Here I thought a week-old ad in a monthly paper would be accurate.

Mountain View auction happens only once a month now on the 4th Saturday.

I went to MT.View sale a few times they had a nice place an a few birds. Stock Trailers an goats tack horse,s but out west thers not many jobs any mor. An things are geting slower every wer. MT.View was the bigest <Horse Sale>in the state at one time my mom workd ther. Soon horse sale,s will be a thing of the past thanks to PETA.
I < LOVE >this WEB site wer we can ...talk..about are birds and live stock SALES AUCTIONS an SWAPS.....an LOVE to read all post..THANK..the peple that made it happen

I read your post Buster..on Flecher sale it look like you got some ...Good..deals if they only had that sale one time on the 3rd it would be alot better thirs not that many chicken peplo out that way.

An thirs no money to be made in a bird sale. Peplo do it because they like chickens. Boby Watson at the maud sale grew up with birds his hol..LIFE..game cocks ducks bantums pigouns. HE has ben in Bis. for along time. AN he has lots of buyrs that come like Bob Cook Pat Drew an Ronnie Walker they buy to reasale birds an have a fair market for thim some wer.

From chickasha east of Hyw 40 thers mor birds an s.east of the state. Out west chicken peplo are few and far between so its hard to start a sale out this way.

i

Quote:
Thanks Michael. I found a business card for the Alex auction on the floor at the Shawnee show today and it had the Saturday changed to Friday, in ink. I am glad to have it confirmed that the date has changed. That will make it better not to have two auctions on the same nights, in locations so close together.

Blanchard will be having an auction on Dec 26th. Goats,sheep,feeder pigs and calves under 250 lbs start at 2pm if we get started on time. Poultry always start at 5pm.This should be an interesting sale. We all probably be cracking up with laughter.

Hope everyone has a Great Christmas.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom