Old and Rare Breeds

Realy Saladin!? They live in Florida to. they have a website www.Greenfirefarms.com I think. anyway they import or buy up rare or new breeds and sell them for $400 dollars for 6-8 week old "juvenile pairs". Stuff like that. Wow i am new to chickens and to think "I" know something that Saladin didnt!?
big_smile.png

P.S. just kidding... please dont hurt me
wink.png

Quote:
I wont claim that they are imposers just that I herd by others that they could be just a Pumpkin Fowl.

Chris

Could not have said it better, the whole point to game fowl is the game part. If not game then it is just a chicken. I can’t speak to their other fowl but I made the mistake of ordering some PH chicks from them when I was just picking up fowl again after a long layoff. This was before I found out the owners of GF farms openly boast about their adult cocks being able to be kept together if raised together? This to me is like having a leghorn that will not lay eggs? Even though it appears that their original purpose has gone the way of now extinct Dodo bird. If one is preserving or working with game fowl they need to be game or called something else. The GF birds that I got seemed all over the place with comb and color (not a big deal in games). I placed them with some friends who wanted some free range chickens and now when I go over I see them free ranging together 8 hens and five roosters all adults happy as can be.

Yea thats why I decided not to get GF's version of Hulsey. I dont fight but there are ways of telling if a rooster is game or not. I see GF as a middle man so to speak when it comes to breeds. I dont consider them to be "breeders" but just people who import and then breed enough to spread them across the US. I wont bring up ethics or anything.

HOLY COW!!!!

I just went to the site. I am totally flabbergasted. I will say no more.............. until I recover.

Quote:
Its not like they import the best birds either...

True. not only that but with the cost to import, I bet that they buy as few birds as they can get away with. So the genetic diversity I bet is pretty bad. Then they sell you brothers and sisters and expect you to keep on breeding.....

Back
Top Bottom