old doggy--tricks to make her eat? pg. 6

posted this on my birthday thread...results are great!!!

"Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAPLESKY7 !!!!!!! Today's the Day!!Today I took a 4 hour nap....because I was up all night with my doggy.

I went and visited her at the vet...she's OK!!! She's still wobbley and can't walk but he said all her tests are coming back at good levels...so all her organs are functioning as they should be. It's not an infection in her ear either. It's just one of those unexplained cases of vastibular disease (old dog disease) and she'll come home tomorrow! And it takes 3-5 days to shake out of it.

And then my dr. called about my stress test and said my heart is functioning better than it did when i left the hospital though there is a permanent scar on my front wall. They will call tomorrow and talk to me about cardiac rehab and when I can start up again.

whew...what a day.

So I went to the store and got some steaks for me and my girls...baked potato....asparagus...corn on the cob....big healthy salad....strawberries....shortcake....soft serve icecream from culvers. I already had candles...after dinner, I'll put together strawberry shortcake with some icecream and my girls will sing me Happy Birthday...I'll blow out the candle and then I got a family movie to watch with my girls.

A very good ending to an uncertain day.

Thanks all for wishing me Happy Birthday...you chicken fanatics are great."

I'm so happy for my girl. I sat with her in the kennel area at the vet a little bit ago and she soooooo wanted to come home with me but I had to leave her...but results are good. I was SOO suprised!!! Her levels are good for it all....organs functioning the way they should be. I am just so grateful today has turned out to be such a blessing. Thanks all.

hugs,
g

I tell ya... I'm ready for another nap.
tongue.png

thumbsup.gif
its so nice to hear it all worked out for you today.
I'm glad you will be able to rest tonight with a happy heart
smile.png

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh definatley...me too!

My doggy is stayin for the night at the vet though. I laid with her for a while when I visited today around 4---they were really busy but they let me go back and visit--though I didn't get a chance to talk to the dr. until I got back home.

There was another doggy in there that just kept barking at any kind of noise. But if I just laid there and pet her and didn't say anything...eventually he quietted down.

My doggy, Hailey, kept trying to stand up and stand on top of me practically...she wanted to come home with me. I was so sad to leave her when I didn't know yet what was going on. She's still wobbley but it should wear off...there may be residual effects he said, like her head may stay tilted. At any rate...she should recoup.

Thank you all so much.

hugs,
g

I just found this thread and just had to read all the way through afraid for the worst but I am so glad it turned out well. And Happy Birthday. I have a 13 year old dog that I dearly love and I know when it comes that time I will fall apart. I get all teary just thinking about it. She had a seizure last summer and the first thing I did was call the vet but he had to calm me down so I could help her. I was a wreck, crying and shaking. I had to take a minute just to get myself together to help her. He said it is just from her age. She may never have another then she may have more. Its hard to tell. She is going blind and has a hard time getting up and on the couch. She has been such a good dog and we all love her so much. I gota quit thinking about it. I"m crying already

I'm so glad that your friend is ok and that your Birthday didn't end in disaster.

He said they were giving her motion sickness meds and that would be it until she gets over it in a few days...but said she can come home tomorrow.

I forget all that I wrote but I wanted to add she was getting meds for motion sickness...her eyes just flicker continuosly...my poor wee wee (kid talk for hailey).

hugs,
g

Back
Top Bottom