old doggy--tricks to make her eat? pg. 6

Just picked Hailey up from the vet...she's walking but is still wobbley and walking to her right. Her eyes aren't twitching anymore. She's not throwing up.

The vet said it will take a couple of weeks for her to seem like herself again with the possible risidual affect of her head tilted possibly that could stay.

She was so happy to see me and my 3 yr old. She panted hard and whimpered as the vet try to talk to me...she was like, enough of this...let's go home! And she gave me a big lick on my face and sniffed my 3 yr. olds face real good and wagged her tail.

We got home and I walked her to her bed but now she's up and followed me in here to the office.

When we got there she was so happy and when she tried to come see us she walked to the right, into a bench and fell down...so i sat down with her so we could visit. my poor girl.

But she's home now. aaaaah.

...and then they squeezed my male dogs butt glands today too. He's been biting at his rear. He does not have worms and his glands weren't that full but what came out was bloody so they sent me home with anti-inflams.

sigh...the things we do for love.

I'm glad Hailey's back home and that her recovery is expected to be good.

fl.gif
For a good recovery for your male dog too!

Just catching up here - so glad to hear it was indeed vestibular disease and not something worse! Sammy does have bouts of it from time to time so be on the watch for relapses. He still tilts his head - that never went away. He loses his balance around stairs, especially when he just wakes up, so watch Hailey if you have a lot of stairs so she doesn't fall.

I'm glad it all worked out for you Gretchen!

Quote:
huh...I went back to find your post. Does Sammy get pills and ear drops often? and what kind? Are the pills for motion sickness and the ear drops for infection?

They said they couldn't find infection in Hailey. And they gave her a shot for the motion sickness when she got there but she's not on anything now.

She is still walking sideways. I almost have to pick her up at times to get her to stand and come outside with me and other times she gets up by herself and starts walking for the door. She won't eat her dry dog food, and I've been giving her wet cat food and she gobbles that right up.

How and what should I be doing to get her to eat? Any suggestions?

Thanks all,
Gretch

I should do that, thanks redhen.

my mom bought hamburger and rice and we did that for a few days but I can't do that ALL the time.

Back
Top Bottom