Old hen with a lot of problems

Pics
Well from what I understand an "average" laying hen eats 1/4-1/3lb feed per day. @Texas Kiki probably knows more about feed than I do.
You were giving this girl 2cups per day correct? Does she seem really hungry since you cut her way down? I would worry she will eat anything she can find and have some crop issues develop.
She gets exercise right?

Well from what I understand an "average" laying hen eats 1/4-1/3lb feed per day. @Texas Kiki probably knows more about feed than I do.
You were giving this girl 2cups per day correct? Does she seem really hungry since you cut her way down? I would worry she will eat anything she can find and have some crop issues develop.
She gets exercise right?
She had free choice before. Last night I gave her 2 cups of feed and she didn't eat it all.
She doesn't have a room to exercise in right now because she is inside, kenneled to keep her safe from my dogs. When she lived outside, she prowled all over 5 acres with her buddies. It is 19F right now and tomorrow is -33F. We have 1.5 standing feet of snow on the ground. Nobody is going outside anytime soon.

She had free choice before. Last night I gave her 2 cups of feed and she didn't eat it all.
She doesn't have a room to exercise in right now because she is inside, kenneled to keep her safe from my dogs. When she lived outside, she prowled all over 5 acres with her buddies. It is 19F right now and tomorrow is -33F. We have 1.5 standing feet of snow on the ground. Nobody is going outside anytime soon.
Sounds like she's self-limiting her feed since she didn't eat it all, which is good.

She gets exercise right?
Correct and I weighed both a crumble and pellet feed and it calculated out to less than one cup. Close to 3/4 of a cup.

She laid an egg!!!!!! :wee
20190201_150455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom