Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
This handsome fella was from 3 years ago at an old farm I had previously worked at. He was there for a short time while his housing was being set up for him. These are the only photos I have of him but I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what breed he is or if he’s a mix of breeds?

I can’t remember if those were spurs or a fifth toe.. they kind of look like spurs to me :confused:
F6B78074-AF2F-4FFA-90A5-3E409F11C02C.jpeg
C76E46BB-9661-4784-A05A-6EEB55643C88.jpeg
2A05AF9A-BA5B-4AED-9340-E711B70FE21A.jpeg

Edit for spelling :barnie

He's a mix for sure. He has 5 toes, the beard and muff so I think he does in fact have some Faverolle in him. Maybe not half but there appears to be some in his lineage.
My 1/2 Faverolle chickens all had very lightly feathered legs so maybe a second generation of them and the feathering would disappear.

He has 5 toes on at least this foot
toes.jpg

Ironically, of the three 1/2 Faverolle chicks I got, one has 4 toes, one has 5 toes and one has 4 toes on one foot and 5 on the other. Weird gene.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! That’s basically what I had Thought but it’s great to hear what others think!!

I really can’t be sure about the fifth toe/spur. In one photo they look like toes but spurs in another :barnie

This boy’s owner had Ameraucanas iirc, the last I talked about what breeds Aaron had it was a good two years or more back. I think I said I was going to go “adopt” some of his birds beofre I moved so I could start my flock :gig I think that’s a good tell that he had at least EEs/blue egg genes present, at the very least, in his flock at the time as that’s what I wanted for mine

Back
Top Bottom