Old Timers on BYC, Remember My Lexie?

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Lexie and Ivy are 3 years old now! My other originals (that have not died from internal laying) turned 3 in January. One of Lexie's sons with Hawkeye is the leader of my laying flock, duties he shares with one of Lexie's younger sons, Mace. Ivy almost died from what we believe was an ovarian infection and we thought we'd lose her, but we decided to try a course of penicillin at the "what have we got to lose' point and she has completely recovered! She's beautiful, gained all her weight back and is laying again! Here's my Lexie today:
DCP_2241.jpg

Lexie, Ivy and the other four original ladies all lay 4-5 times a week still. They're a great bunch of girls, and although I have about 50 birds total now, they will always be very special to me.

So good to see pics of "your" Lexie! We were all so worried about her and the others. My Lexie and all the others are doing great! Sorry I have not been posting. I have been reading and keep my BC friends in my mind!
wink.png

I remember, it was fun trying to guess if she was a she or he back when she was growing out.

Back
Top Bottom