1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Old Timers on BYC, Remember My Lexie?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Mar 8, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lexie and Ivy are 3 years old now! My other originals (that have not died from internal laying) turned 3 in January. One of Lexie's sons with Hawkeye is the leader of my laying flock, duties he shares with one of Lexie's younger sons, Mace. Ivy almost died from what we believe was an ovarian infection and we thought we'd lose her, but we decided to try a course of penicillin at the "what have we got to lose' point and she has completely recovered! She's beautiful, gained all her weight back and is laying again! Here's my Lexie today:
    [​IMG]

2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Beautiful hen!!! Is she still laying well??

3. speckledhen

Lexie, Ivy and the other four original ladies all lay 4-5 times a week still. They're a great bunch of girls, and although I have about 50 birds total now, they will always be very special to me.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    She is a very pretty bird! I love the way she's "posed" in the picture. [​IMG]

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

She's lookin' good! [​IMG]

7. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    So good to see pics of "your" Lexie! We were all so worried about her and the others. My Lexie and all the others are doing great! Sorry I have not been posting. I have been reading and keep my BC friends in my mind![​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I remember, it was fun trying to guess if she was a she or he back when she was growing out.

9. speckledhen

She is still the lightest colored hen I have of the ten BR girls. I hope we have her and Ivy for years to come. She doesnt have to lay another egg for the rest of her days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by