oldclucks cabinet incubator build.

it's staying within 1 degree of 99.5. If I keep the 2 trays 2/3rds full by topping up every 2 - 3 days humdiity stays right at 40%.
About the only thing I have tweaked since I built it was to add a second 1/2" hole at top and bottom for ventilation. I will candle either tonight or asap and let you all know what happens.

Last edited:
I find it easy to control my humidity and temperature with the vents in the back of my sportsman. My cabinet is an older one that originally had a wafer thermostat that I converted to a electronic thermostat.

cmom, what are the diameters of the vent holes in that incubator and how many do you usually leave open during incubation?

cmom, what are the diameters of the vent holes in that incubator and how many do you usually leave open during incubation?
I would also like to know.
Does anyone know how many holes you would need in the sides of a wine cooler incubator that measures 32 3/8" High x 19 " wide x 20 3/8 " deep?
How big/diameter should the holes be?... and, should they only be on the sides?

I find it easy to control my humidity and temperature with the vents in the back of my sportsman. My cabinet is an older one that originally had a wafer thermostat that I converted to a electronic thermostat.

The holes are 1¼" and the metal plates covering the holes are 2" x 2"
I only leave them open enough to keep the humidity at around 35% during incubation.

Last edited:
This is where my water goes. I put the license plate over it to help control the humidity. I have used foil too in addition to adjusting the vents on the back of the incubator.

The bucket on top of the incubator hold the water and there is a float in the tray that is inside
the incubator to regulate the flow of water into the tray.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom