Older hen emaciated and watery poop

Does she have mites?šŸ‘†

She's still coming out of molt, this can make them not feel well. With her being an older hen, sometimes they can have troubles when it they come back into lay.

I'd encourage her to eat her normal feed, giving the egg or some canned fish as a treat is always good too. Vitamins as suggested previously and consider deworming her or get a fecal float to see if she needs to be dewormed.
No, no mites. I checked again yesterday. I put her in the infirmary coop last night with fresh straw/feed/electrolyte water (and her own little heater since we're now down to low 20s)

I've always read ivermectin is good for most worm treatment, is it not?

No, no mites. I checked again yesterday. I put her in the infirmary coop last night with fresh straw/feed/electrolyte water (and her own little heater since we're now down to low 20s)

I've always read ivermectin is good for most worm treatment, is it not?
Ivermectin may treat Roundworms, but some have found it not to be quite as effective as it used to be.

Interesting!
Can the safe guard be given with ivermectin? I'd hate to overload her kidneys by basically ODing her

Interesting!
Can the safe guard be given with ivermectin? I'd hate to overload her kidneys by basically ODing her
How much Ivermectin did you give?

I'm not a vet, so couldn't say for sure it's safe to use both together.
Ivermectin would be repeated in 10 days, so if you wish to use Safeguard, I'd wait for at least a week and then use it, but that's just my opinion.

How much Ivermectin did you give?

I'm not a vet, so couldn't say for sure it's safe to use both together.
Ivermectin would be repeated in 10 days, so if you wish to use Safeguard, I'd wait for at least a week and then use it, but that's just my opinion.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...h-safe-guard-dewormer-for-goats-125ml-2226898 is this the dewormer?

As far as the amount of ivermectin it was about a pea sized amount. That's what I read was the "appropriate amount "

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...h-safe-guard-dewormer-for-goats-125ml-2226898 is this the dewormer?

As far as the amount of ivermectin it was about a pea sized amount. That's what I read was the "appropriate amount "
Yes, that is the right SafeGuard, dosage 0.25 ml per pound. Pea-size is not an accurate measure. If depends on what type and strength of ivermectin as to the dosage. For instance the 5 mg per ml pour-on ivermectin dosage is 0.1 ml per every 2 pounds of weight.

Iā€™m very sorry your girl passed away. She was very pretty. Looked like a sweet girl. šŸ˜žā¤ļø

She always kept her feathers in top shape. She was even preening last night.
Anytime I'd pick her up, she'd immediately start cleaning herself and was so indignant I touched her
I can see why she was so prissy about her appearance. Gorgeous feathers. ā¤ļø I imagine she will be deeply missed.

Back
Top Bottom