Older hen emaciated and watery poop

I am sorry that you lost her. You could do a home necropsy on her, opening her belly to get a look at her abdominal organs. That is what I do when I lose a hen. Taking pictures of the liver, intestines and other major organs and abdominal contents can show cancer, ascites or water belly—yellow fluid inside the abdomen, large amounts of fat from fatty liver disease, and other things. Post pictures here if you do one. It is understandable if you can’t do that, but we all learn a lot from a necropsy.

Hello all, I have a 5 yo golden laced Wyandotte in her most recent molt she lost a fair bit of weight, however it's now been over for about 2 months and it hasn't come back, only gotten worse. I've seen her eating and drinking like normal, her crop will be full at night.

Tonight I went out and she was laying on the floor rather than her normal shelf. I let her walk around a bit and she did 2 huge diarrheas. The first was totally clear minus white specks, the 2nd was dark green but just as watery.

I haven't noticed any other girls acting like this and it's fairly cold here (40s) so I wouldn't think she's overdrinking from heat.

I've read those symptoms could indicate kidney issues but otherwise am at a loss how to help her so any help would be appreciated
I have the same thing and brought her to a vet she has heart failure and kidney failure boooo
We are keeping her in the house and giving yogurt and chia seeds and peanut butter and chick food
Hope this helps
But consider calling a vet

Back
Top Bottom