Oldest moved out =(

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Well my oldest (19) moved out this week. I'm happy for her as she found a good situation and opportunity to rent a house with a couple of her friends. But I didn't think she would be leaving until this fall. This all came about in about a 1 week period. The rent is right and she felt she needed to "grow up" some more and take on more responsiblity. I do have to say she left behind about 15 loads of laundry - "things she may or may not want" so I guess I have something to remember her by
lol.png

It's funny though because the first night she was gone she called me in the morning to ask how the roads were in town - ummm look at your own TV? I just think she missed us.

maaaaaan i want to move out (im 20) and if i do i'm moving FAR FAR away from this wretched town and taking my beloved chickens with me!!!! maybe if mom asks nicely i'll let her keep the black stars
lol.png
maybe not.

i think she did miss you. i will definitely miss my mom a lot when i move out. here's hoping the best for her and you, and here's hoping i can do the same soon!
tongue.png

She doesn't turn 20 until next year. Her rent is only $181 a month plus utilities split 4 ways. She has been paying her own car payment and cell phone for the last couple of years and has 6 months of rent saved up so I think she will be OK. The funny thing is - she always said she was moving to Colorado when she turned 18 from the time she was 6 years old. I wonder what happened...

I went away to college when I was 17 and was renting my own apartment when I was 19. I definitely missed my parents, but they traveled so much even when I was in high school that I still got to see them and talk to them just as much as when I had lived at home. I can't imagine what it will be like when my kids are old enough to move out. I will definitely suffer from empty-nester syndrome I think.

Quote:
$181 a month plus utilities !?
ep.gif
the cheapest apartments here in dillingham are $400-$500 plus utilities! and the $400 ones are a little 10x10 room with a bed. shared bathrooms in the building. jeez, i gotta get out of here!

as far as everything else, i pay for my own internet, chickens (including the % of electricity they need for light & heat), i help my mom with fuel and i own my own snowmobile. i give her about $250 a month.

I paid $900/month for my first apartment about 14 years ago. That didn't include utilities and was for a one bed/ one bath unit.

I gotta deal with this in June-July ish at earliest... any tips?!
hit.gif

You should be very proud of her. She sounds like a responsbile young woman! My only DD left 2 days after she graduated High School. She was 18 and I pretty much threw her out (in a loving kind of way). That was 3 years ago and she has a great job, money saved, pays all her own bills. Last year she even bought a brand new Honda Accord and paid cash. I'm proud of her.

I'm pretty old fashioned when it comes to kids. I think they should leave the nest and stand on their own. I don't believe in giving any financial help to children or allowing them to move back in when life doesn't go as planned. That being said, my DD did move into one of my apartments as we have several rental properties but I make her pay 50% of going price on rent and she pays all her own utilities. She is also responsible for cutting grass, raking, taking out all trash and shoveling the sidewalks on all my properties. Not really such a great deal if you think about it.
wink.png

Hmm let's see,,, Steven is a senior in high school but has already done his basic training, he'll graduate this year, go to AIT an then New Mexico Military Institute (NMMI) for two years and then on to a 4 year college in WA or at Westpoint,,, He still called me every chance he got during basic training, he sends me text messages when he is at lunch at school, and whenever he is away from me for more than an hour,,,
I'm just thinking of him leaving and having a nervous breakdown lol,, we are so close it's unbelievable,, it's hard on both of us!

Back
Top Bottom