OMG! Help!!

Pics

lesjsmith

Songster
8 Years
Sep 26, 2014
I was candling my day 14 egg and dropped the egg. There is a huge indent and a crack with a little blood. Is there any hope, or have I killed my baby chickie? I am so upset.

Attachments

• Broken egg.jpg
    Broken egg.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 62
Oh no! With just a crack you can often patch it with wax or nail polish for a small crack, I just hatched a chick that I cracked on day one and patched with beeswax.
The blood is more worrisome. I would still try wax, the heat may help it avoid becoming infected and hopefully will prevent more bleeding.

Oh no! With just a crack you can often patch it with wax or nail polish for a small crack, I just hatched a chick that I cracked on day one and patched with beeswax.
The blood is more worrisome. I would still try wax, the heat may help it avoid becoming infected and hopefully will prevent more bleeding.
I am trying the wax. I hope it works. Thank you for the suggestion.

I was candling my day 14 egg and dropped the egg. There is a huge indent and a crack with a little blood. Is there any hope, or have I killed my baby chickie? I am so upset.
We are at day 19 and have moved them to the Hatcher. I see movement from my cracked egg! So here is hoping I have 4 healthy chicks.

Attachments

• Hatcher.jpg
    Hatcher.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 28

Back
Top Bottom