OMG> hhhhhhheeeeeeeellllllllppppppppp

shella

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2010
BATH
i think ive hard boiled my eggs:
somad.gif
my temp spiked to 108 dont know for how long ii was at night sometime after ive gone to bed. have i damaged this batch (my first).
is so can you let me know how to keep temp frome spiking. i made my own incy its notg pretty but it worked fine when i tested it for 5 days. im a newbie to this so i need all the help i can get:
idunno.gif

Calm down, calm down. It'll be Okay.

If it was just an overnight spike they should be fine. I've had the temp spike to 110 and still had a hatch. As long as the temp is back to normal now they should be fine.

wow thanks i feel abit better now. i will just have to wait and see. that is not gonna be easy:
pop.gif

I know the feeling. My hatch is late and I think i'm gonna explode!

My first hatch was the one with the temp spike. I have since switched bators and haven't had another incident. Until my last batch when somebody messed up the thermostat and the thermometer needle was burried past 120. Those eggs were fried and i'm sure it was at like 130 in actuality.

my 2 liquid themometors actually exploded. am still abit worried but this forum has helped me to understand that these things do happen and all you can do is wait and see. must admit not feeling confidant. i will be happy if one hatches. lucy i started with quail eggs. i like the odd looking chicken silkies ummm cant remember the rest but ive got another home made incy for the mor expensive eggs. i think i can just about cope but i will update what happens.

Last edited:
Mine hit 112, and then I had a power outage and a few days later it went down to 70. Remarkably, I had over a 60% hatch rate! I think these little guys are usually more resilient than we sometimes give them credit for
wink.png
I posted this in another thread a while back:
Quote:
You can use an old computer fan, and just use an old cell phone charger to power it
smile.png
A $3 project from Salvation Army, and your temperature fluctuations will almost be eliminated
smile.png

i'm still having trouble
roll.png
i dont want to give up
idunno.gif
cant aford to buy one. i will try different watts of light bulbs let you know how i get on

Back
Top Bottom