OMG how horrible

That is horrible!

I had my dog put down in Sept. and I really shouldn't have read that. If that dog had been buried right away she'd have been buried alive. We buried Havoc w/in an hour.

I don't know how bad Mia is, but if at all possibly I'd probably wait before doing it again, maybe this is just a sign that she isn't quite ready to go.

Quote:
We brought Doc home from the Vet, finished the burial spot (we had to make it bigger to accomodate the box they put him in (it was a cardboard casket) and buried him. I would say we to buried him with in the hour.

I don't know where that guy took his dog to be euthanized, but our vet listened to Charlie Girl's chest for a full three minutes after injecting the second drug. She didn't pronounce her dead until after that, after Charlie's heart stopped beating. It's been more than a year now and I still have bad feelings about being in there, even though I know I had to do it for Charlie's sake. None of us, my DH and I or the vet, could have guessed that she would start bleeding out of her nose and mouth when she died as bad as she did - her lungs had filled up with blood from her cancer. The blood was everywhere and it bothers me still to think about it.
I can only imagine the pain that family has suffered.

My grandma also had a bad vet experience when the time was to put her Shetland pony down. She said the vet took so long and caused the horse so much pain she almost made him stop right then!!
I've put down two chickens that I couldn't fix, but I really don't know if I could work up the nerve to do it for my baby (the dog in my avvy) -- yet at the same time I don't trust the vet to do it either
hmm.png

She's only 3, so hopefully I've got plenty of time and shouldn't worry about it yet.....but since chickens are so much shorter-lived, the idea of a pet or critter dying around here is part of the circle of life, a fact of life, so I do think of it from time to time

Back
Top Bottom