OMG I am so excited !!!!!!

Beautiful egg, well done.

I know the troubles of dealing with depression, I'll be on meds the rest of my life. The ducks are my happy place, when I feel overwhelmed, I go sit with them and the chickens. It's what helps me too.

Just remember that if you're in that dark place, reach out and we'll listen. ❤️ And feel free to PM me if you need to.

Hanging out with your ducks should be very theraputic -- not just watching them on a camera, but being in yoru garden and sitting with them. They are such a lovely couple! I hang out with mine every morning and it gives me a boost for the rest of the day.

One of my son's ducks, Mop Head, came on a sleep over and ended up sleeping in my Florida room as my ducks were mean to her. She is such a character and she tried so hard to be friendly. When I saw them excluding her from food in the coop, I brought her straight in and made her a bed in a children's wading pool with pine shavings. She rewarded me with and egg in the morning and I couldn't eat it!! I can eat the eggs when I don't know who has laid them -- at my son's they often all lay in the same nesting box and so even when there are three eggs, we can't be certain who laid which egg. But having an egg that Mop Head laid in my Florida room, no I just couldn't do it!! On another more recent occasion, I was at my son's house sitting and petting Mop Head on his back steps. I had no idea she was doing it, but she laid an egg at my feet. That egg went in the basket on my son's counter top as I couldn't eat it although she laid it for me!

Hanging out with your ducks should be very theraputic -- not just watching them on a camera, but being in yoru garden and sitting with them. They are such a lovely couple! I hang out with mine every morning and it gives me a boost for the rest of the day.

One of my son's ducks, Mop Head, came on a sleep over and ended up sleeping in my Florida room as my ducks were mean to her. She is such a character and she tried so hard to be friendly. When I saw them excluding her from food in the coop, I brought her straight in and made her a bed in a children's wading pool with pine shavings. She rewarded me with and egg in the morning and I couldn't eat it!! I can eat the eggs when I don't know who has laid them -- at my son's they often all lay in the same nesting box and so even when there are three eggs, we can't be certain who laid which egg. But having an egg that Mop Head laid in my Florida room, no I just couldn't do it!! On another more recent occasion, I was at my son's house sitting and petting Mop Head on his back steps. I had no idea she was doing it, but she laid an egg at my feet. That egg went in the basket on my son's counter top as I couldn't eat it although she laid it for me!
Awwww that's one of the most precious stories I've heard :love

Yeah, I check-in & watch through the camera when they are in the run but they are only in it during the night. They are out and roaming all day starting at 8:00 am and get locked back up for the night anywhere in between 5:30 - 6:30, depending on when they come asking for dinner or I see they keep going back and forth to their run ready for bed. I am outside either sitting on a pool lounge chaise or on a blanket in the yard with them if they are out. There is a break in their free ranging of a couple hours between 11am-1 pm when they are showing they are sleepy and ready for a nap in which I put them back in the run so they can sleep with no worries of predators and it gives me an opportunity to come inside the house for a little while. Otherwise, they are NEVER unsupervised.

Actually, you should know by about a week if you candle them. You'll be able to see the red veins inside at that point.
"Candle them" is the same as what I was saying about shining a light through the shell.....right?🤔 Am I using the wrong terminology or ..... @Miss Lydia are you being silly and pulling my 🦵?

I knew nothing about raising ducks until 6 months ago but I have been trying to learn :caf and absorb as much information as possible, not just about the breeds I have but about others that I may have in the future.
I can already tell by Daisy's mating :barnie during "off-season" that I will need to get two more girls for him and have them old enough to mate before spring comes because....God help Daffy if I don't :fl

Back
Top Bottom