OMG I JUST CANDLED I SEEN BABY'S!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamato3, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Ok so this is my first time ever at this whole hatching eggs thing momma hen is teaching me how to do it lol. Today is day 9 i told myself to wait tell day 10 but just could not. I have 6 eggs that has babys:weee im my gosh this is so exciting. Anyway 9 days ago i started with 12, way to much for her. Got down to 9 seamed good know i can only find 7 hmm the last egg looks clear like its not fertile but then i see something moving looks more like a bubble so im letting her set on it for a few more days. Its just so wierd to see this little chick move around in the shell it looks like a hand reaching up and touching the side of the shell before sinking back down inside the egg. I hope all of them hatch i just cant wait to meet them. [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    How eggciting! Are you using a mama hen to incubate? Good luck with the hatch. [​IMG]

Jody

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Congratulations! It's is so exciting, isn't it? [​IMG]

4. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    yes momma has been on them since day 1 she seams to be a very good momma hopful she will be a good momma after they hatch i plan on keeping you all updated as often as i can on the babys they will be hatching around my b day the best gift my chickens could give me.

5. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    [​IMG] YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try not to candle them too much! I know it's tempting! [​IMG] LOL!!!!

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    WooHoo!!!

7. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    It is amazing isn't it! Just wait til hatch day the suspense will drive you nuts!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by